Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Host Lazio in Europa League Return Match
Bulgaria's football champions Ludogorets Razgrad will play against Italy's Lazio in the second leg of the Europa League 1/16 finals Thursday night.
In a dramatic encounter at Rome's Stadio Olimpico a week ago, the Bulgarians won 1:0, following a missed penalty and a red card for each team.
Ludogorets play their European home games in the capital Sofia, and the national stadium is expected to be near full, with supporters of various Bulgarian clubs joining together to cheer on the country's most progressive team.
The captain of Ludogorets, Svetoslav Dyakov, is suspended for the crucial fixture, after receiving a red card in the first leg.
Anything but a loss would be enough for the Bulgarians to progress to the next round, something that would add to their already marvelous performance in their first ever participation at the official stages of the tournament.
The match kicks off at 8 PM Bulgarian time at the Vasil Levski National Stadium. It will also be broadcasted live on the Bulgarian National Television.
- » Novak Djokovic will Not Play Again in 2017
- » Ludogorets's Road to Europe goes through Israel
- » It is Official Cristiano Ronaldo is Staying at Bernabeu
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Among the Top 10 in the World Tennis
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama Finishes 2nd in the Final of Nagoya Sumo Tournamen
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open