Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis in Acapulco
Bulgaria's tennis player Grigor Dimitrov beat Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6:1, 6:4 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Acapulco, Mexico.
This was Dimitrov's 5th win over Baghdatis in their 6 meetings, in a match which lasted just 1 hour. The win means Dimitrov will earn 90 points for the world rankings, which could put him back in the top 20.
In the quarterfinal, the Bulgarian will play Ernests Gulbis of Latvia, to whom he lost in Rotterdam two weeks ago. Gulbis is in top form, winning 9 of his last 10 matches.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round