Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis in Acapulco
Bulgaria's tennis player Grigor Dimitrov beat Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6:1, 6:4 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Acapulco, Mexico.
This was Dimitrov's 5th win over Baghdatis in their 6 meetings, in a match which lasted just 1 hour. The win means Dimitrov will earn 90 points for the world rankings, which could put him back in the top 20.
In the quarterfinal, the Bulgarian will play Ernests Gulbis of Latvia, to whom he lost in Rotterdam two weeks ago. Gulbis is in top form, winning 9 of his last 10 matches.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans