Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis in Acapulco
Bulgaria's tennis player Grigor Dimitrov beat Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6:1, 6:4 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Acapulco, Mexico.
This was Dimitrov's 5th win over Baghdatis in their 6 meetings, in a match which lasted just 1 hour. The win means Dimitrov will earn 90 points for the world rankings, which could put him back in the top 20.
In the quarterfinal, the Bulgarian will play Ernests Gulbis of Latvia, to whom he lost in Rotterdam two weeks ago. Gulbis is in top form, winning 9 of his last 10 matches.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach