International Search Warrant for Ukraine’s Yanukovych
The ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been placed on the international wanted list, together with ex-Interior Minister Vitaliy Zakharchenko.
"Yanukovych has been declared internationally wanted. A separate team of operatives and investigators is working on that", acting Prosecutor General of Ukraine Oleh Makhnitsky said, quoted by Interfax.
The former president's whereabouts remain unknown, with some reports saying he's in the Crimea region of Ukraine, while others suggest he may have fled to Russia.
Yanukovych and Zakharchenko could be tried for mass murder if they are captured, following the deaths of dozens of protesters during last week's riots in Kiev.
- » US hits Chinese and Russian Firms Over North Korea
- » Emmanuel Macron Starts His European Tour
- » Headless Body Found in Copenhagen Waterside is Missing Journalist
- » France's Interior Minister: '1/3 of Terrorists Suffer From Mental Disorders''
- » France's Macron, Seeking to Re-Shape Europe, Heads East
- » French Authorities Prevented 9 Terror Attacks Just in 2017
I thought legitimately elected leaders (doesn't matter what kind of bastards they are) were immune to prosecution? Unless they are involved in gross violation of human rights. There's not enough evidence for that.
Now if they want to prosecute him for embezzlement (a charge that would stick), they might as well string up half the EU's political class including current and former BG leaders.
Double standard's yet again.