Bulgarian Government with Meager Grant to Lowest-Income Citizens
Bulgarians in direst financial need will receive a one-time aid of BGN 30 at the end of the current heating season.
The decision was announced by the press office of the Bulgarian Council of Ministers, which approved the measure on Wednesday, Dariknews.bg reported.
A total of BGN 8.3 M will be transferred to the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy, which will further distribute the grants.
About 270 000 Bulgarians will be able to access the new relief fund, as this is the number of people registered as having received "heating benefits" for the current season.
Applications for citizens who were denied the previous aid package for having a higher-than-minimal income will be approved if they earn up to 10% more than the minimal differentiated income on a monthly basis.
- » Immigrants Storming Turkey-Bulgaria Border Forces Checkpoint Closure
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget