Sports Ministry to Receive BGN 35 M for Sofia Winter Palace Repair
Bulgaria's government will provide BGN 35 M for the reconstruction of the Winter Palace in the capital Sofia.
The money will be made available to the Ministry of Youth and Sports, it was agreed on Tuesday's plenary session of the parliament.
The ministry has revealed that the total cost needed for the repair work on the Winter Palace will be BGN 50 M.
The venue has not been repaired since it was initially built in the early 1980s, and recent expertise showed that the building is dangerous in its current state.
Another plan, for the construction of a new arena for winter sports, emerged in 2013. The initiative came from the ex-Olympic medalist in short track ice skating, Evgenia Radanova, but no concrete project has been approved so far.
- » Ludogorets Loses 1-2 to Liverpool in Champions League Clash
- » Bulgaria Men's Volleyball Team Loses to Finland
- » Bulgaria Drops Out of Volleyball Men's World Championship after Losing to Germany
- » Michael Schumacher Discharged from Hospital to Continue Recovery at Home
- » Bulgaria Defeats Azerbaijan 2:1 in UEFA Euro Qualifier
- » 16 Bulgarians To Participate In Special Olympics