Sports Ministry to Receive BGN 35 M for Sofia Winter Palace Repair
Bulgaria's government will provide BGN 35 M for the reconstruction of the Winter Palace in the capital Sofia.
The money will be made available to the Ministry of Youth and Sports, it was agreed on Tuesday's plenary session of the parliament.
The ministry has revealed that the total cost needed for the repair work on the Winter Palace will be BGN 50 M.
The venue has not been repaired since it was initially built in the early 1980s, and recent expertise showed that the building is dangerous in its current state.
Another plan, for the construction of a new arena for winter sports, emerged in 2013. The initiative came from the ex-Olympic medalist in short track ice skating, Evgenia Radanova, but no concrete project has been approved so far.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Elected as Vice President of European Athletics
- » Bulgaria Climbs Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking
- » Bulgarian Olympic Committee Adopts BGN 3.45 M Budget for 2015
- » CSKA Sofia Has New Owner after Aleksandar Tomov Withdraws