Sports Ministry to Receive BGN 35 M for Sofia Winter Palace Repair
Bulgaria's government will provide BGN 35 M for the reconstruction of the Winter Palace in the capital Sofia.
The money will be made available to the Ministry of Youth and Sports, it was agreed on Tuesday's plenary session of the parliament.
The ministry has revealed that the total cost needed for the repair work on the Winter Palace will be BGN 50 M.
The venue has not been repaired since it was initially built in the early 1980s, and recent expertise showed that the building is dangerous in its current state.
Another plan, for the construction of a new arena for winter sports, emerged in 2013. The initiative came from the ex-Olympic medalist in short track ice skating, Evgenia Radanova, but no concrete project has been approved so far.
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India
- » Successful Start For Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in Cincinnati Masters Tennis Tournament
- » Klitchko Revealed why he Gave up Boxing
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Received a Ban for Five Matches
- » Dimitar Dimitorv "Hero" was Appointed as the New Manager of Ludogorets