Bulgarian Seafarer to Set New Guinness World Record
Bulgarian seafarer will try to make it to the Guinness Book of World Records in 2014 embarking on a circumnavigation.
Ivan Dimov will set off on a journey of 28,000 miles for about 233 days without approaching land.
Dimov will start from the shores of France via the Atlantic Ocean toward the South seas, and then he will make a full circumnavigation sailing through the most dangerous zones of Cape of Good Hope in Africa, Australia's South Cape in the Indian Ocean, South American Cape Horn and will return to his starting point through the Atlantic Ocean, Bulgarian BGNES announced.
Dimov will sail his 5.18 meter long yacht alone. He will be followed by satellite and his journey will be recorded by three cameras.
Dimov started his physical and mental training 4 years ago when he decided to set out on the risky journey.
Ivan will have to change his regime completely, getting one hour of sleep every two hours. He will have a special diet in order to withstand the physical stress.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Tops List of 70 Most Popular Bulgarian Celebrities – Forbes Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Women Among World's Top 10 Sexiest - Survey
- » Selfie of the Day: Kristalina Georgieva, Maxim Behar
- » New Royal Baby: Prince William, Kate Expecting Second Child
- » Bulgarian Christian Stoinev Reaches Semifinals of America's Got Talent
- » Scarlett Johansson Gave Birth To Baby Girl