English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes
Two supporters of English team Chelsea have been stabbed and injured in clashes around Istanbul's Taksin Square on Tuesday night.
According to unconfirmed reports, a bar frequently visited by English fans near Taksin Square was attacked late on Tuesday night, a day before the Champions League match between local Galatasaray and Chelsea, The Guardian reports.
Amidst resurfacing anti-government protests in Turkey, Chelsea had issued a warning to their traveling fans to take extra precaution.
Fights broke out in Istanbul over the weekend as well surrounding the city derby between Galatasaray and Besiktas.
In 2000, two English supporters of Leeds were killed in clashes with Galatasaray fans.
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Estimated BGN 15 M Worth of Smuggled Anabolic Steroids
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.7 kg Cocaine from Venezuelan Citizen
- » Suspect of Suitcase Murder in Bulgaria Remains in Custody