English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes
Two supporters of English team Chelsea have been stabbed and injured in clashes around Istanbul's Taksin Square on Tuesday night.
According to unconfirmed reports, a bar frequently visited by English fans near Taksin Square was attacked late on Tuesday night, a day before the Champions League match between local Galatasaray and Chelsea, The Guardian reports.
Amidst resurfacing anti-government protests in Turkey, Chelsea had issued a warning to their traveling fans to take extra precaution.
Fights broke out in Istanbul over the weekend as well surrounding the city derby between Galatasaray and Besiktas.
In 2000, two English supporters of Leeds were killed in clashes with Galatasaray fans.
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor to Request Immunity of 7 MPs, 1 MEP
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany