English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes
Two supporters of English team Chelsea have been stabbed and injured in clashes around Istanbul's Taksin Square on Tuesday night.
According to unconfirmed reports, a bar frequently visited by English fans near Taksin Square was attacked late on Tuesday night, a day before the Champions League match between local Galatasaray and Chelsea, The Guardian reports.
Amidst resurfacing anti-government protests in Turkey, Chelsea had issued a warning to their traveling fans to take extra precaution.
Fights broke out in Istanbul over the weekend as well surrounding the city derby between Galatasaray and Besiktas.
In 2000, two English supporters of Leeds were killed in clashes with Galatasaray fans.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses