English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes
Two supporters of English team Chelsea have been stabbed and injured in clashes around Istanbul's Taksin Square on Tuesday night.
According to unconfirmed reports, a bar frequently visited by English fans near Taksin Square was attacked late on Tuesday night, a day before the Champions League match between local Galatasaray and Chelsea, The Guardian reports.
Amidst resurfacing anti-government protests in Turkey, Chelsea had issued a warning to their traveling fans to take extra precaution.
Fights broke out in Istanbul over the weekend as well surrounding the city derby between Galatasaray and Besiktas.
In 2000, two English supporters of Leeds were killed in clashes with Galatasaray fans.
- » Head of Sofia Regional Court to Resign
- » NW Bulgarian Gangs 'Specialized in People Smuggling'
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Medical Military Academy Gets New Indictment
- » Bulgarian National Shortlisted in Europol Advent Calendar
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe