New Ukrainian Government Delayed for Thursday
The formation of the new Ukrainian government has been postponed for Thursday.
"I am instructing the formation of a national unity government on Thursday", Parliament Speaker and Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov said, quoted by Interfax.
Initial reports suggested that the new government could be formed on Tuesday.
Turchynov, who was appointed as interim head of state on the weekend, commented that the political leaders and committees should work "day and night" if they must, in order to form the new cabinet by Thursday.
Meanwhile, the whereabouts of ousted President Viktor Yanukovych still remain unknown. He is on the wanted list and awaits prosecution for crimes against the civil population in the anti-government protests, which left scored killed.
- » Five Killed in Plane Crash in US Colorado
- » EU Leaders Give Russia 7 Days to Reverse Course in Ukraine or Face New Sanctions
- » NATO to Set up 10,000-Strong Force in Response to Ukraine Crisis
- » IMF Disburses Loan Tranche to Ukraine but Says Fighting Poses Risk
- » Rasmussen: NATO Will Respect Ukraine’s Potential Decision to Join
- » EU May File WTO Complaint over Russia's Food Embargo