Diplomats Discuss Ukraine Aid in Washington, Kiev
The prospects of financial assistance to Ukraine are to be discussed on Tuesday in Washington between UK Foreign Secretary William Hague and his counterpart John Kerry.
William Hague and John Kerry will discuss the possible solutions to avoid financial collapse in Ukraine. Interim officials in Kiev already warned that the country may need a western loan worth as much as USD 35 B.
EU Foreign Affairs Representative Catherine Ashton has also discussed the terms of a possible financial aid with interim leader Oleksandr Turchynov during a visit to Kiev.
On Tuesday, other senior European and US diplomats are continuing talks with Kiev's acting political representatives.
EU Ambassador to Russia Vigaudas Ushatskas has told Moscow that assistance will be granted to Ukraine once a government has been formed.
Tensions over a possible bankruptcy have increased as Moscow has announced it is freezing the loans to Kiev until the political chaos has been overcome.
Uncertainty has dominated over Ukrainian political life since Tuesday last week, when dozens of people were killed in clashes between anti-government protesters and police in the course of a few days.
- » China Banned Justin Bieber
- » Senate Republicans Race Toward Vote to Roll Back Obamacare
- » Two People Died During Riots in Venezuela
- » Broken Coffee Machine was the Reason for Emergency Landing of an Airplane
- » Riots Broke out after a Drug Boss was Killed in Mexico City
- » Israeli Police Ban Muslim Men Aged Under 50 From Friday Prayers in Jerusalem