Bulgarian Artist's Sculpture to Adorn JFK Airport's Departure Hall
A monumental sculpture by Bulgarian artist Dimitar Lukanov will be formally unveiled this week at the renovated departure hall at New York's JFK Airport Terminal 4.
The sculpture, entitled “Outside Time” waves “Goodbye” to the millions of departing New York air travelers.
The sculpture is the signature piece of a three-work sculpture project commissioned to Dimitar Lukanov by JFKIAT LLC in 2012 as part of the major redevelopment that Terminal 4 is undergoing to accommodate 15 million passengers.
Terminal 4 has one of the largest privately funded collections of public art in New York City.
“Outside Time” is not the first work of Lukanov to be displayed there. In 2006 in the arrivals hall of JFK Airport Terminal 4 was unveiled another of his monumental sculptures - “Light To Sky”.
Dimitar Lukanov has a number of degrees in art from France and the USA and has been living, teaching and working outside Bulgaria in the past 20+ years. His works are on display in Mexico, China, USA.
- » British Industrial Designer Invents Alarm Clock That Makes Coffee
- » Orlando Bloom Tried To Hit Justin Bieber, Missed
- » Ron Howard to Direct Beatles Documentary
- » Novak Djokovic Marries His Girlfriend
- » Robert Downey Jr. And Wife Susan Expecting A Baby
- » Duke And Duchess of Cambridge Root for Murray Vs Dimitrov at Wimbledon