Bulgarian Artist's Sculpture to Adorn JFK Airport's Departure Hall
A monumental sculpture by Bulgarian artist Dimitar Lukanov will be formally unveiled this week at the renovated departure hall at New York's JFK Airport Terminal 4.
The sculpture, entitled “Outside Time” waves “Goodbye” to the millions of departing New York air travelers.
The sculpture is the signature piece of a three-work sculpture project commissioned to Dimitar Lukanov by JFKIAT LLC in 2012 as part of the major redevelopment that Terminal 4 is undergoing to accommodate 15 million passengers.
Terminal 4 has one of the largest privately funded collections of public art in New York City.
“Outside Time” is not the first work of Lukanov to be displayed there. In 2006 in the arrivals hall of JFK Airport Terminal 4 was unveiled another of his monumental sculptures - “Light To Sky”.
Dimitar Lukanov has a number of degrees in art from France and the USA and has been living, teaching and working outside Bulgaria in the past 20+ years. His works are on display in Mexico, China, USA.
- » Torrent Trackers Zamunda.Net, Zamunda.Se Operational Again
- » Three SkyscrapersTo Be Built in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Daily Mirror: Nicole Sherzinger Says She's Happy with Grigor Dimitrov
- » Danish Architect Jan Gehl Invited To Consult on Sofia as Green City Vision
- » Sofia Municipality To Renovate Zapaden Park
- » Samuel Jackson Takes Selfie with Bulgaria's Presidency