Egypt's Government Resigns Unexpectedly
Egypt's military-backed interim government has resigned, Prime Minister Hazem Beblawi has announced, Monday.
"Today the cabinet took a decision to offer its resignation to the president of the republic," Beblawi said in a televised statement giving no clear reason for the decision, the Euronews reports.
Beblawi was appointed prime minister in July after the overthrowing of President Mohammed Morsi following mass protests.
- » Turkey to Commemorate Armenian Victims of Ottoman Killings
- » Egypt's Ousted President Morsi Jailed for 20 years
- » Operation on Collecting Debris of Crashed Germanwings Plane Completed
- » Latest Estimates Point to 800 Victims of Capsized Boat off Libyan Coast
- » Gazprom CEO to Meet Greek PM, Energy Minister in Athens
- » EU Mulls Doubling of Triton Funds – German Interior Minister