Egypt's Government Resigns Unexpectedly
Egypt's military-backed interim government has resigned, Prime Minister Hazem Beblawi has announced, Monday.
"Today the cabinet took a decision to offer its resignation to the president of the republic," Beblawi said in a televised statement giving no clear reason for the decision, the Euronews reports.
Beblawi was appointed prime minister in July after the overthrowing of President Mohammed Morsi following mass protests.
- » Russia 'Not EU's Strategic Partner Anymore' - Mogherini
- » Turkey Summons US Charge d'Affaires over Spying Report
- » Ukraine Soldiers, Rebels Clash at Luhansk Airport
- » Five Killed in Plane Crash in US Colorado
- » EU Leaders Give Russia 7 Days to Reverse Course in Ukraine or Face New Sanctions
- » NATO to Set up 10,000-Strong Force in Response to Ukraine Crisis