Egypt's Government Resigns Unexpectedly
Egypt's military-backed interim government has resigned, Prime Minister Hazem Beblawi has announced, Monday.
"Today the cabinet took a decision to offer its resignation to the president of the republic," Beblawi said in a televised statement giving no clear reason for the decision, the Euronews reports.
Beblawi was appointed prime minister in July after the overthrowing of President Mohammed Morsi following mass protests.
- » Red Cross Warns of Worsening Humanitarian Situation in Iraq
- » Migrant Arrivals in Greece Increase after Failed Coup Attempt in Turkey
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks
- » Two Top Generals Resign in Turkey before Supreme Council Meeting
- » Putin Incorporates Crimea into Southern Federal District