Egypt's Government Resigns Unexpectedly
Egypt's military-backed interim government has resigned, Prime Minister Hazem Beblawi has announced, Monday.
"Today the cabinet took a decision to offer its resignation to the president of the republic," Beblawi said in a televised statement giving no clear reason for the decision, the Euronews reports.
Beblawi was appointed prime minister in July after the overthrowing of President Mohammed Morsi following mass protests.
- » US, Russia Exchange Harsh Rhetoric over Ukraine
- » Putin Warns Russians Internet Is 'CIA Project'
- » Kosovo Extends EULEX Mission, Creates War Crimes Court
- » Serbian Parliament 'Complete', Govt to Be Announced Saturday
- » Deaths Reported in Ukraine's Slaviansk Operation
- » No Breakthrough in US-Japan Trade Deal