Ukraine Interim-IM: Yanukovych Placed on Wanted List
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been placed on the wanted list, in order to be tried for mass killings.
"As of this morning, a criminal case on mass killings of civilians has been opened. Yanukovych and several other officials have been placed on the wanted list", acting Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov wrote on his Facebook profile, cited by Interfax.
It is still unknown where Yanukovych is. On Sunday, authorities claimed he had tried to escape via Donetsk on board an unregistered charter flight, but was not allowed to leave by the border security.
On Saturday, the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) voted for Yanukovych's resignation, although he had not personally submitted it.
- » Turkish Food Exporters Seek Cuts in Russian Customs Duties
- » Russia, Turkey Mull Trade Preferences for Some Sectors
- » Ukraine Could See Exports Rise Under Deal with EU
- » Ukraine Parliament Adopts Donbass Self-Determination Bill
- » EU Parliament, Ukraine's Rada Adopt Association Agreement at Once
- » Turkey Mulls Setting Up Buffer Zone Along Iraq, Syria Borders - President