Ukraine Interim-IM: Yanukovych Placed on Wanted List
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been placed on the wanted list, in order to be tried for mass killings.
"As of this morning, a criminal case on mass killings of civilians has been opened. Yanukovych and several other officials have been placed on the wanted list", acting Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov wrote on his Facebook profile, cited by Interfax.
It is still unknown where Yanukovych is. On Sunday, authorities claimed he had tried to escape via Donetsk on board an unregistered charter flight, but was not allowed to leave by the border security.
On Saturday, the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) voted for Yanukovych's resignation, although he had not personally submitted it.
- » Germany, France Agree on Need for Mandatory Quotas to Distribute Migrants in EU
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis
- » Passportless Migrants Protest in Budapest at Hungary’s Travel Ban
- » Clashes Near Ukraine’s Parliament Deepen Rifts in Ruling Coalition
- » EU to Extend Sanctions Against Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Companies