Ukraine Interim-IM: Yanukovych Placed on Wanted List
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been placed on the wanted list, in order to be tried for mass killings.
"As of this morning, a criminal case on mass killings of civilians has been opened. Yanukovych and several other officials have been placed on the wanted list", acting Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov wrote on his Facebook profile, cited by Interfax.
It is still unknown where Yanukovych is. On Sunday, authorities claimed he had tried to escape via Donetsk on board an unregistered charter flight, but was not allowed to leave by the border security.
On Saturday, the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) voted for Yanukovych's resignation, although he had not personally submitted it.
- » UK EU Commissioner Jonathan Hill Resigns
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria
- » Northern Irish Deputy First Minister Calls for Poll on Unification with Ireland
- » IntMin: Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Has Decreased This Year
- » Scotland Plans Second Independence Referendum After UK Votes for Brexit