Ukraine Interim-IM: Yanukovych Placed on Wanted List
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been placed on the wanted list, in order to be tried for mass killings.
"As of this morning, a criminal case on mass killings of civilians has been opened. Yanukovych and several other officials have been placed on the wanted list", acting Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov wrote on his Facebook profile, cited by Interfax.
It is still unknown where Yanukovych is. On Sunday, authorities claimed he had tried to escape via Donetsk on board an unregistered charter flight, but was not allowed to leave by the border security.
On Saturday, the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) voted for Yanukovych's resignation, although he had not personally submitted it.
- » G7 States Agree With UK That Russia ‘Highly Likely’ Responsible for Skripal Case
- » Toronto Van Suspect Attended Classes For Students with Special Needs
- » George Bush Hospitalised Day after Wife’s Funeral
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration
- » EU Regulator Investigates Alitalia State Loan
- » Population Depletion Threatens the Economies of Eastern Europe