4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
A 4.5 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale shook Romania's Vrancea region in the early hours of Monday.
The earthquake was registered at 2:23 AM at a depth of 104 km, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre. The epicenter is 157 km north of the capital Bucharest.
Vrancea is an active seismological region, with several earthquakes of a similar magnitude being felt in the past months.
In 1977, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake killed over 1,500 people in the same area.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April