4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
A 4.5 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale shook Romania's Vrancea region in the early hours of Monday.
The earthquake was registered at 2:23 AM at a depth of 104 km, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre. The epicenter is 157 km north of the capital Bucharest.
Vrancea is an active seismological region, with several earthquakes of a similar magnitude being felt in the past months.
In 1977, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake killed over 1,500 people in the same area.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues