4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
A 4.5 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale shook Romania's Vrancea region in the early hours of Monday.
The earthquake was registered at 2:23 AM at a depth of 104 km, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre. The epicenter is 157 km north of the capital Bucharest.
Vrancea is an active seismological region, with several earthquakes of a similar magnitude being felt in the past months.
In 1977, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake killed over 1,500 people in the same area.
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food
- » 3.2-Magnitude Earthquake Registered 80km Away from Smolyan