4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
A 4.5 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale shook Romania's Vrancea region in the early hours of Monday.
The earthquake was registered at 2:23 AM at a depth of 104 km, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre. The epicenter is 157 km north of the capital Bucharest.
Vrancea is an active seismological region, with several earthquakes of a similar magnitude being felt in the past months.
In 1977, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake killed over 1,500 people in the same area.
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued for Wednesday