Italy Coach: Bulgaria, Croatia Potential Group Winners
The coach of Italy's national football team Cesare Prandelli pointed Bulgaria and Croatia as difficult opponents for the upcoming European Championship qualifiers.
Sunday's draw in Nice placed Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia, Norway, Azerbaijan, and Malta in Group H for the Euro 2016 qualifiers.
"The group is very difficult and we will have to prepare very well for it. Despite what people back home think, it will not be easy. Croatia and Bulgaria are potential winners of the group, and Norway is also a good team", Prandelli commented.
Italy and Bulgaria were in the same group for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers as well. The match in Sofia finished 2:2, while the home side scraped 1:0 win in Palermo.
Both qualifiers between Italy and Bulgaria will be played in 2015, while the campaign starts in September 2014.
It is still not clear if Prandelli will coach his country after this summer's World Cup in Brazil, with reports suggesting he may step down at the end of the tournament.
- » Bulgaria Beats Germany 3:0 at Volleyball European Championship
- » 2015 Men's Volleyball European Championship Begins in Bulgaria, Italy
- » Bulgaria to Host ATP 250 Tournament in Sofia in February 2016
- » Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World