Italy Coach: Bulgaria, Croatia Potential Group Winners
The coach of Italy's national football team Cesare Prandelli pointed Bulgaria and Croatia as difficult opponents for the upcoming European Championship qualifiers.
Sunday's draw in Nice placed Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia, Norway, Azerbaijan, and Malta in Group H for the Euro 2016 qualifiers.
"The group is very difficult and we will have to prepare very well for it. Despite what people back home think, it will not be easy. Croatia and Bulgaria are potential winners of the group, and Norway is also a good team", Prandelli commented.
Italy and Bulgaria were in the same group for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers as well. The match in Sofia finished 2:2, while the home side scraped 1:0 win in Palermo.
Both qualifiers between Italy and Bulgaria will be played in 2015, while the campaign starts in September 2014.
It is still not clear if Prandelli will coach his country after this summer's World Cup in Brazil, with reports suggesting he may step down at the end of the tournament.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Pablo Cuevas, Faces Andy Murray
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal