Bulgarian President in Sochi for Closing Ceremony
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev is in Sochi for the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympic Games.
The head of state arrived in Sochi on Saturday, where he met with the Bulgarian athletes who are still at the Games, as well as the broadcasting team of the Bulgarian National Television. Later he watched the men's relay in the biathlon, where Bulgaria finished 15th.
Plevneliev congratulated the Bulgarian athletes for their performances, despite not winning any medals, saying that participation on such a forum in itself is a big achievement.
The closing ceremony will begin at 6 PM EET.
- » World Football Elite Expected to Gather in Sofia in June
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes New Balkan Cycling Champion
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo