Bulgarian President in Sochi for Closing Ceremony
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev is in Sochi for the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympic Games.
The head of state arrived in Sochi on Saturday, where he met with the Bulgarian athletes who are still at the Games, as well as the broadcasting team of the Bulgarian National Television. Later he watched the men's relay in the biathlon, where Bulgaria finished 15th.
Plevneliev congratulated the Bulgarian athletes for their performances, despite not winning any medals, saying that participation on such a forum in itself is a big achievement.
The closing ceremony will begin at 6 PM EET.
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams