Bulgarian President in Sochi for Closing Ceremony
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev is in Sochi for the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympic Games.
The head of state arrived in Sochi on Saturday, where he met with the Bulgarian athletes who are still at the Games, as well as the broadcasting team of the Bulgarian National Television. Later he watched the men's relay in the biathlon, where Bulgaria finished 15th.
Plevneliev congratulated the Bulgarian athletes for their performances, despite not winning any medals, saying that participation on such a forum in itself is a big achievement.
The closing ceremony will begin at 6 PM EET.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics