Matteo Renzi Becomes Italy’s Youngest Prime Minister
Matteo Renzi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on Saturday.
Renzi becomes the youngest Prime Minister in his country's history, at the age of 39, taking over from Enrico Letta, who resigned on February 14.
The new top figure in Italian politics presented his new 16-member cabinet, which is equally split between female and male ministers.
Renzi, a member of the Democratic Party, faces the difficult task of pulling his country out of economic recession, high unemployment, and crumbling public faith in the political system.
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016