Matteo Renzi Becomes Italy’s Youngest Prime Minister
Matteo Renzi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on Saturday.
Renzi becomes the youngest Prime Minister in his country's history, at the age of 39, taking over from Enrico Letta, who resigned on February 14.
The new top figure in Italian politics presented his new 16-member cabinet, which is equally split between female and male ministers.
Renzi, a member of the Democratic Party, faces the difficult task of pulling his country out of economic recession, high unemployment, and crumbling public faith in the political system.
- » Explosion Rocks Antalya Chamber of Commerce
- » Hungarian PM Orban: We Must End Europe's Sovietisation
- » Brussels Capital Region Blocks CETA As Well
- » French Calais Engulfed By Violence After Dismantling of Jungle Camp Begins
- » Afghanistan's Opium Production Rises Drastically - UN Report
- » Turkey Reports More Than 35 000 in Detention after Coup Attempt