Matteo Renzi Becomes Italy’s Youngest Prime Minister
Matteo Renzi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on Saturday.
Renzi becomes the youngest Prime Minister in his country's history, at the age of 39, taking over from Enrico Letta, who resigned on February 14.
The new top figure in Italian politics presented his new 16-member cabinet, which is equally split between female and male ministers.
Renzi, a member of the Democratic Party, faces the difficult task of pulling his country out of economic recession, high unemployment, and crumbling public faith in the political system.
- » Istanbul Nightclub Attack: Turkish Police Arrest Suspect
- » Turkey’s Deputy PM: Intelligence Organisation Partook in Istanbul Attack
- » Romania’s Ex President Charged With Crimes Against Humanity
- » 3 People Wounded in Explosion in Turkey's Diyarbakır
- » 80% of Syrian Refugees To Remain in Turkey
- » Belgrade Could Turn Into "New Calais"