Matteo Renzi Becomes Italy’s Youngest Prime Minister
Matteo Renzi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on Saturday.
Renzi becomes the youngest Prime Minister in his country's history, at the age of 39, taking over from Enrico Letta, who resigned on February 14.
The new top figure in Italian politics presented his new 16-member cabinet, which is equally split between female and male ministers.
Renzi, a member of the Democratic Party, faces the difficult task of pulling his country out of economic recession, high unemployment, and crumbling public faith in the political system.
- » EU to Extend Support to Farmers over Russia Food Ban by One Year
- » Blast in Skopje Damages Three Cars, No Injuries
- » Turkish Soldiers Killed in PKK Attack, Army Says
- » Investigation to Confirm Whether Debris Found in Indian Ocean Part of Missing MH370
- » Russia Vetoes UN Resolution for Setting Tribunal on MH17 Disaster
- » Turkey Formally Opens Incirlik Air Base for Coalition Strikes on IS