Matteo Renzi Becomes Italy’s Youngest Prime Minister
Matteo Renzi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on Saturday.
Renzi becomes the youngest Prime Minister in his country's history, at the age of 39, taking over from Enrico Letta, who resigned on February 14.
The new top figure in Italian politics presented his new 16-member cabinet, which is equally split between female and male ministers.
Renzi, a member of the Democratic Party, faces the difficult task of pulling his country out of economic recession, high unemployment, and crumbling public faith in the political system.
- » 5.2-Magnitude Earthquake Jolts Northern Greece
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau