Matteo Renzi Becomes Italy’s Youngest Prime Minister
Matteo Renzi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on Saturday.
Renzi becomes the youngest Prime Minister in his country's history, at the age of 39, taking over from Enrico Letta, who resigned on February 14.
The new top figure in Italian politics presented his new 16-member cabinet, which is equally split between female and male ministers.
Renzi, a member of the Democratic Party, faces the difficult task of pulling his country out of economic recession, high unemployment, and crumbling public faith in the political system.
- » Europe Strengthens Security Measures Around the Christmas Bazaars
- » Now it is "Critical Phase" for the Lost Argentine Submarine
- » Spain Sends Migrant Arrivals to Unfinished Prison
- » Iraqi Forces Launch Operation to Clear Desert Bordering Syria of IS
- » Waiting for May, Brussels Eyes December Brexit Deal
- » Erdogan: Summit 'Important' For Ending Tragedy in Syria