Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych Whereabouts Unknown
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych allegedly arrived in Kharkiv in the early hours of Saturday.
Yanukovych is supposed to take part in a congress of lawmakers from southeastern regions of Ukraine on Saturday, a source with knowledge of the situation told Interfax.
"This is what is planned, but the situation is changing rapidly. Changes are possible," the source said, cited by Interfax news agency.
A high-ranking source from Yanukovych's entourage had said earlier that Ukraine's President had flown to Kharkiv from Kiev Friday night.
Yanukovych was allegedly accompanied by Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak and presidential chief of staff Andriy Kliuyev.
However, Ukrainian Kharkiv airport denied reports that President Yanukovych has arrived in town, ITAR-TASS reported.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants