Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych Whereabouts Unknown
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych allegedly arrived in Kharkiv in the early hours of Saturday.
Yanukovych is supposed to take part in a congress of lawmakers from southeastern regions of Ukraine on Saturday, a source with knowledge of the situation told Interfax.
"This is what is planned, but the situation is changing rapidly. Changes are possible," the source said, cited by Interfax news agency.
A high-ranking source from Yanukovych's entourage had said earlier that Ukraine's President had flown to Kharkiv from Kiev Friday night.
Yanukovych was allegedly accompanied by Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak and presidential chief of staff Andriy Kliuyev.
However, Ukrainian Kharkiv airport denied reports that President Yanukovych has arrived in town, ITAR-TASS reported.
- » Serbia Prevents Attempt to Smuggle Migrants to Hungary, Budapest Reinforcing Border Fence
- » Over 10 000 Rescued from Drowning in Mediterranean Sea in Past Week
- » Bulgarian PM: Migrants Have Not Breached Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Deploys Army to Border with Greece After Two Migrant Groups Detained
- » Macedonia's President Partially Revokes Amnesty in Wiretapping Affair
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey