Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych Whereabouts Unknown
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych allegedly arrived in Kharkiv in the early hours of Saturday.
Yanukovych is supposed to take part in a congress of lawmakers from southeastern regions of Ukraine on Saturday, a source with knowledge of the situation told Interfax.
"This is what is planned, but the situation is changing rapidly. Changes are possible," the source said, cited by Interfax news agency.
A high-ranking source from Yanukovych's entourage had said earlier that Ukraine's President had flown to Kharkiv from Kiev Friday night.
Yanukovych was allegedly accompanied by Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak and presidential chief of staff Andriy Kliuyev.
However, Ukrainian Kharkiv airport denied reports that President Yanukovych has arrived in town, ITAR-TASS reported.
- » Floods, Thunderstorms Wreak Havoc in the Balkans
- » European Court Issues EUR 2 B Verdict in Yukos Affair
- » Ukraine Parliament Rejects PM Yatsenyuk's Resignation
- » CoE: Grey Economy Results in Losses of EUR 40 B per year in Romania
- » Slovenia Re-Launches Privatization of 15 State-Owned Companies
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners