Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych Whereabouts Unknown
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych allegedly arrived in Kharkiv in the early hours of Saturday.
Yanukovych is supposed to take part in a congress of lawmakers from southeastern regions of Ukraine on Saturday, a source with knowledge of the situation told Interfax.
"This is what is planned, but the situation is changing rapidly. Changes are possible," the source said, cited by Interfax news agency.
A high-ranking source from Yanukovych's entourage had said earlier that Ukraine's President had flown to Kharkiv from Kiev Friday night.
Yanukovych was allegedly accompanied by Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak and presidential chief of staff Andriy Kliuyev.
However, Ukrainian Kharkiv airport denied reports that President Yanukovych has arrived in town, ITAR-TASS reported.
- » Russia’s Envoy to NATO Warns of ‘Additional Precautions’ in Black Sea Area
- » Istanbul Airport Attackers Were Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz, Turkish Official Says
- » Death Toll Rises to 44 in Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
- » Two Blasts Kill at least 27 Police Cadets in Kabul
- » Turkey Detains 13 Suspects over Istanbul Airport Attack
- » Bulgarian FM Advises Citizens Travelling to Turkey to Register Beforehand