Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych Whereabouts Unknown
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych allegedly arrived in Kharkiv in the early hours of Saturday.
Yanukovych is supposed to take part in a congress of lawmakers from southeastern regions of Ukraine on Saturday, a source with knowledge of the situation told Interfax.
"This is what is planned, but the situation is changing rapidly. Changes are possible," the source said, cited by Interfax news agency.
A high-ranking source from Yanukovych's entourage had said earlier that Ukraine's President had flown to Kharkiv from Kiev Friday night.
Yanukovych was allegedly accompanied by Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak and presidential chief of staff Andriy Kliuyev.
However, Ukrainian Kharkiv airport denied reports that President Yanukovych has arrived in town, ITAR-TASS reported.
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis
- » Passportless Migrants Protest in Budapest at Hungary’s Travel Ban
- » Clashes Near Ukraine’s Parliament Deepen Rifts in Ruling Coalition
- » EU to Extend Sanctions Against Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Companies
- » Greek Authorities Detain Bulgarian Human Trafficker in Thessaloniki