Two Olympic Athletes Sent Home for Doping
Two Olympic athletes were sent home from Sochi on Friday after having failed doping tests.
German biathlete Evi Sachenbacher-Stehle and Italian bobsleigher William Frullani tested positive for methylhexanamine with A and B samples.
Sachenbacher-Stehle, who was a golden medalist at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, called the situation nightmarish.
"I can't explain how the doping test could be positive. I can only expressly assure everyone concerned that I at no time consciously took forbidden substances and I will be doing everything to have this cleared up completely," Sachenbacher-Stehle commented.
Frullani, a former decathletes, was scheduled to compete in the bobsleigh competition beginning Saturday.
Germany has won a total of 16 medals, eight of which were golds, in Sochi so far, while Italy has won eight.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!
- » Manchester City are the New Premier League Champions