President Putin Calls for Emergency Measures in Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin has called for emergency measures to stabilize the violent situation in Ukraine, the Kremlin press service said Saturday.
In a telephone conversation with his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama on Friday, Putin emphasized "the importance of working with the radical opposition, which brought the confrontation in Ukraine to an extremely dangerous point."
The two leaders discussed in detail the most acute issues of the bilateral and international agenda, said the Kremlin.
Apart from that, the U.S. president congratulated his Russian counterpart on the success of the ongoing Olympic Winter Games in Russia's Black Sea resort city of Sochi.
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype