President Putin Calls for Emergency Measures in Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin has called for emergency measures to stabilize the violent situation in Ukraine, the Kremlin press service said Saturday.
In a telephone conversation with his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama on Friday, Putin emphasized "the importance of working with the radical opposition, which brought the confrontation in Ukraine to an extremely dangerous point."
The two leaders discussed in detail the most acute issues of the bilateral and international agenda, said the Kremlin.
Apart from that, the U.S. president congratulated his Russian counterpart on the success of the ongoing Olympic Winter Games in Russia's Black Sea resort city of Sochi.
- » Turkish Foreign Minister Disputes Aegean Sea Borders and Sovereignty of Islands
- » Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Finally Addresses Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- » Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
- » French Rail Strike Turning into Major Challenge For Macron
- » Paris Mulls Free Public Transport to Reduce Pollution
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal