President Putin Calls for Emergency Measures in Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin has called for emergency measures to stabilize the violent situation in Ukraine, the Kremlin press service said Saturday.
In a telephone conversation with his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama on Friday, Putin emphasized "the importance of working with the radical opposition, which brought the confrontation in Ukraine to an extremely dangerous point."
The two leaders discussed in detail the most acute issues of the bilateral and international agenda, said the Kremlin.
Apart from that, the U.S. president congratulated his Russian counterpart on the success of the ongoing Olympic Winter Games in Russia's Black Sea resort city of Sochi.
- » US Calls for Greek Reforms as Athens Nears Energy Deal with Russia
- » Over 10,000 African Migrants Fled to Italy This Week
- » Kosovo FM to Attend Belgrade Conference, Risks Being Arrested
- » Julian Assange to Be Interrogated by Swedish Prosecutors in London
- » UN Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Yemen as Special Adviser Resigns
- » Another Ukrainian Journalist Found Dead, Murder Suspected