President Putin Calls for Emergency Measures in Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin has called for emergency measures to stabilize the violent situation in Ukraine, the Kremlin press service said Saturday.
In a telephone conversation with his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama on Friday, Putin emphasized "the importance of working with the radical opposition, which brought the confrontation in Ukraine to an extremely dangerous point."
The two leaders discussed in detail the most acute issues of the bilateral and international agenda, said the Kremlin.
Apart from that, the U.S. president congratulated his Russian counterpart on the success of the ongoing Olympic Winter Games in Russia's Black Sea resort city of Sochi.
- » Russian Opposition Politician Boris Nemtsov Shot Dead in Moscow
- » 8 People, Including Gunman, Reported Dead in Missouri Shootings
- » Georgian FM Fears Russia's “Creeping Annexaion” of Breakaway Regions
- » Germany's Bundestag Approves Greece Bailout Extension
- » UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova Demands Emergency UN Security Council Meeting
- » Greece's First anti-SYRIZA Demo Ends in Violence