Bulgarians' Trips Abroad On the Rise
The number of trips abroad the Bulgarians undertook in Q4 of 2013 rose by 16.5% year-on-year.
The total number of tourist travellers for the period was 685 400.
The majority of trips were within Bulgaria, 16.3% only abroad and 3% both locally and internationally, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
The data shows that the number of tourist trips in Bulgaria in Q4 has decreased by 3.8% year-on-year.
The average sum for an excursion in Bulgaria was BGN 219, while a trip abroad cost on average BGN 390. The largest portion of the sum is spent on transport, followed by meals.
The NSI explains the relatively small sums spent on accommodation with the fact that nearly half of the tourists stayed with friends or relatives.
Most active travellers are the people aged 24-55 years.
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Wiz Air Adds Three New Destinations from Sofia in December
- » Bulgaria Registered 15 % Increase in Number of Foreign Visitors During Easter Holiday
- » Early Bookings Show More Tourists Planning Holiday in Bulgaria This Summer
- » Ten Bulgarian Beaches, One Marina Get Blue Flag Label in 2016