Bulgarians' Trips Abroad On the Rise
The number of trips abroad the Bulgarians undertook in Q4 of 2013 rose by 16.5% year-on-year.
The total number of tourist travellers for the period was 685 400.
The majority of trips were within Bulgaria, 16.3% only abroad and 3% both locally and internationally, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
The data shows that the number of tourist trips in Bulgaria in Q4 has decreased by 3.8% year-on-year.
The average sum for an excursion in Bulgaria was BGN 219, while a trip abroad cost on average BGN 390. The largest portion of the sum is spent on transport, followed by meals.
The NSI explains the relatively small sums spent on accommodation with the fact that nearly half of the tourists stayed with friends or relatives.
Most active travellers are the people aged 24-55 years.
- » Bulgarians Completed More Trips Abroad in May
- » Decrease in Russian, Ukrainian Tourist Numbers at 10-20% - Bulgarian Minister
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Keep Visa Regime for Russian Nationals
- » Mass Inspections Launched Across Bulgarian Seaside Resort Venues
- » Outlook on Bulgaria's Tourism Season Good Despite EU-Russia Crisis
- » Bollywood Star to Participate in Video Advertising Bulgaria as Tourist Destination