Greece's Golden Dawn Declared Paramilitary Organization
Greece's far-right party Golden Dawn is a paramilitary structure in possession of firearms and has clear references to Hitler and Nazi ideology.
This is one of the conclusions of the criminal investigation against nine MPs from Golden Dawn.
Greek investigating judges requested the stripping of immunity of those members of parliament so they can face criminal charges.
If parliament backs the request, all 18 of the party's MPs would be accused of running a criminal organisation.Nine are already facing charges and party leader Nikolaos Michaloliakos is one of six in jail pending trial.
Their arrests followed the killing of an anti-fascist musician.
The Golden Dawn MPs reacted angrily to news of the judges' request, Greek newspaper Kathimerini reported.
The judges also said additional charges should be laid against six of those already facing prosecution, including the party leader. Greek news agency ANA-MPA said the charges involved possession of firearms and ammunition with the aim to supply a criminal organisation.
- » British Airways Hoping to Operate 'Near-Normal' Schedule
- » G7 Summit Ends Deadlocked on Climate Change
- » Greece Returns 10 Migrants to Turkey Under EU Deal
- » At Least 14 Schoolchildren Injured as Bus Overturns in Northern Greece
- » Manchester attack: Police Fear Salman Abedi Could have Made a Second Bomb
- » Armed Police Patrol British Trains for First Time Due to Manchester Attack
During last Greek elections the PM Samaras did suggest to the "Golden Dawn"to join the "New Democracy". Does anyone believes they do have any political difference between the two parties?.The only difference between themselves is the name of their respective parties.samaras had to take action against the "Golden Dawn"because they overkilled their power.