Yanukovych Agrees Early Presidential Elections
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed to hold early elections later this year.
Another part of the agreement includes the formation of a national unity government, as well as constitutional changes to limit the President's power, the BBC reports.
“I state that I initiate early presidential elections and return the 2004 Constitution by redistributing powers from the president to the parliament", Yanukovych said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Opposition leaders have not yet commented on the deal, and whether they back the move.
- » Nearly 3,700 Migrants Rescued in Mediterranean, Operation Ongoing
- » Three People Found Alive Under Rubble Eight Days After Nepal Quake
- » Maersk Tigris Detained for Purely Commercial Reasons, Plaintiff Claims
- » Russian Ballet Legend Maya Plisetskaya Dies at 89
- » Tighter Border Security in Bulgaria, Greece Forcing Migrants to Try Deadly Sea Crossings, UNHCR Claims
- » Duchess of Cambridge Gives Birth to Daughter