Yanukovych Agrees Early Presidential Elections
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed to hold early elections later this year.
Another part of the agreement includes the formation of a national unity government, as well as constitutional changes to limit the President's power, the BBC reports.
“I state that I initiate early presidential elections and return the 2004 Constitution by redistributing powers from the president to the parliament", Yanukovych said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Opposition leaders have not yet commented on the deal, and whether they back the move.
- » Germany Vows to Defend Firms Doing Business in Turkey
- » China Blocked the Access to WhatsApp
- » Germany Warns Its Citizens Against Travel to Turkey
- » Federica Mogherini to Meet Top Officials in Greece
- » John McCain has been Diagnosed with Brain Cancer, says Spokesman
- » Terrorist Acts Around the World Continue to Decrease