Yanukovych Agrees Early Presidential Elections
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed to hold early elections later this year.
Another part of the agreement includes the formation of a national unity government, as well as constitutional changes to limit the President's power, the BBC reports.
“I state that I initiate early presidential elections and return the 2004 Constitution by redistributing powers from the president to the parliament", Yanukovych said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Opposition leaders have not yet commented on the deal, and whether they back the move.
- » Russian Opposition Politician Boris Nemtsov Shot Dead in Moscow
- » 8 People, Including Gunman, Reported Dead in Missouri Shootings
- » Georgian FM Fears Russia's “Creeping Annexaion” of Breakaway Regions
- » Germany's Bundestag Approves Greece Bailout Extension
- » UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova Demands Emergency UN Security Council Meeting
- » Greece's First anti-SYRIZA Demo Ends in Violence