Yanukovych Agrees Early Presidential Elections
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed to hold early elections later this year.
Another part of the agreement includes the formation of a national unity government, as well as constitutional changes to limit the President's power, the BBC reports.
“I state that I initiate early presidential elections and return the 2004 Constitution by redistributing powers from the president to the parliament", Yanukovych said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Opposition leaders have not yet commented on the deal, and whether they back the move.
- » Turnout in Greek Bailout Referendum “Over 50%” – Interior Minister
- » 'No' Leads in Greece's Bailout Referendum with 15% of Votes Reported
- » ‘No’ Vote Appears to Be Leading in Greek Referendum After Voting Ends - Polls
- » Russian Space Freighter Carrying 2.4 T Cargo Docks with ISS
- » Tsipras: Greeks Determined to Take Control of Their Own Destiny in Referendum
- » Merkel: Western Balkan States Have Good Prospects to Join EU