Yanukovych Agrees Early Presidential Elections
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed to hold early elections later this year.
Another part of the agreement includes the formation of a national unity government, as well as constitutional changes to limit the President's power, the BBC reports.
“I state that I initiate early presidential elections and return the 2004 Constitution by redistributing powers from the president to the parliament", Yanukovych said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Opposition leaders have not yet commented on the deal, and whether they back the move.
- » Trump Moves to Withdraw from Pacific Trade Deal
- » Turkey Expects Trump To Hand Over Gülen
- » Orban: Trump Put an End to Multilateralism
- » Hamon Wins First Round of French Socialists Primary Elections
- » Tens of Thousands Protest Against Amnesty in Romania
- » Negotiations on Ceasefire in Syria To Begin in Astana