Yanukovych Agrees Early Presidential Elections
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed to hold early elections later this year.
Another part of the agreement includes the formation of a national unity government, as well as constitutional changes to limit the President's power, the BBC reports.
“I state that I initiate early presidential elections and return the 2004 Constitution by redistributing powers from the president to the parliament", Yanukovych said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Opposition leaders have not yet commented on the deal, and whether they back the move.
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey
- » Western Experts Consider Irina Bokova Among Most Suitable Candidates for UN Chief
- » EC Proposes Measures to Improve E-Commerce, Increase Customer Trust
- » Eurogroup Agrees to Release Next Tranche of Greek Bailout
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp