Yanukovych Agrees Early Presidential Elections
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed to hold early elections later this year.
Another part of the agreement includes the formation of a national unity government, as well as constitutional changes to limit the President's power, the BBC reports.
“I state that I initiate early presidential elections and return the 2004 Constitution by redistributing powers from the president to the parliament", Yanukovych said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Opposition leaders have not yet commented on the deal, and whether they back the move.
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism
- » Juncker Unveils EUR 300 B Investment Plan Ahead of No Confidence Vote
- » Catalonia 'Could Break Away in 18 Months' - President
- » Second Night of Unrest in Ferguson, Protests Held Across US
- » French President Suspends Delivery of First Mistral Warship to Russia
- » Turkey 'in Talks' with Westinghouse on Third NPP