Opposition ‘Renegade’ MP to Join New Bulgarian Party as Expert
Krasimir Stefanov, a former center-right GERB opposition MP, who left his parliamentary group on Monday, could join the new 'Bulgaria without Censorship' party as an expert.
Nikolay Barekov, the journalist-turned-politician leading 'Bulgaria without Censorhip', has announced he is Stefanov's new employer. Stefanov did not immediately comment on the issue, however.
Stefanov, who left the ranks of GERB to remain independent and, according to his own words, to be more than "a costly button-presser" in Parliament, will assist 'Bulgaria without Censorship' with his expert knowledge in finance, Dariknews reports.
The GERB renegade was director of the National Revenue Agency in 2011, at a time when he was suspected of dubious relations with former Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov and of attempting to cover up tax evasion committed by Tsvetanov.
Barekov reminded he is the godfather to Stefanov's child and consequently was "something of a relative" to him even before Stefanov joined GERB.
At the opening of his new office in the city of Stara Zagora, the new political leader repeated his claims for parliamentary elections as early as October.
Once again, he did not rule out any coalition with those political players who support "Operation Clean Hands", a plan led by his party for the launch of financial check-ups for criminal deeds committed by politicians at all levels of power.
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Not Commenting' Reports of Parliament Speaker's Presidential Nomination
- » EU Commission VP Accepts UN Top Job Nomination from Bulgaria
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Appointed Head of Bulgarian Electronic Management Agency
- » BSP, Lyava Balgariya To Start Discussions On Non-Confidence Vote
- » DPS Leader Karadayi: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Very Superficial Move
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination
Barekov you really are a Facist making a comment like this "Nikolay Barekov, the journalist-turned-politician leading 'Bulgaria without Censorhip', has announced he is Stefanov's new employer."
It shows you want to dominate your politicians and ultimately dominate Bulgaria.