Yanukovych Agrees on Early Elections - Report
According to unconfirmed reports, Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has agreed for early elections to be held during this year.
President Viktor Yaunkovych, it's reported, has agreed to elections this year after a meeting with the Polish, French and German foreign ministers, Euronews reveals.
Thursday was the bloodiest day in Kiev since the start of the anti-government protests last November. Dozens of people, both on the side of the protesters and the police forces were killed.
The total number of casualties in the latest wave of violence, since Tuesday, varies, but most estimates show that they are over 70.
Late last night, European Union leaders agreed to impose economic sanctions on the Ukrainian leadership. Earlier, the United States announced it is banning 20 Ukrainian officials from entering the country and freezing their assets.
The crisis talks between the EU foreign ministers, the Ukrainian officials, and the opposition are set to continue on Friday.
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With
- » Air Algerie Plane Wreck Found In Mali
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing