Kristian Vigenin: Government Is Responsible for Violence in Kiev
The main responsibility for the events in Ukraine is of the government, said Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin before the extraordinary meeting of his EU counterparts.
According to Vigenin, Bulgaria is ready to support sanctions against the people, responsible for the violence in Kiev.
“We are also willing to support the ban on exports to Ukraine of equipment, which could be used against the protestors”, he said.
Answering a question, Vigenin said he was expecting the EU embassies in Kiev to compile a list of suggested sanctions.
“It is true, that there are radical groups, not controlled by the main opposition parties, who are bringing extreme tension in the situation”, Vigenin said. “But it must be clear, that in spite of this, the main responsibility is of the government and this cannot be justified.”
- » Bulgaria Interested in ‘Fast De-escalation’ of Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgarian Ambassador in Ankara: Worsened Russia-Turkey Ties Could Increase Refugee Wave
- » Bulgaria 'Ready to Help France' for Quick Solution of Syria Crisis
- » Russia Urges Bulgaria to Refrain from 'Ill-Grounded' Claims
- » UNESCO Head Irina Bokova Gets Simon Wiesenthal Center Special Award
- » Bulgaria Urges Extra Caution in Travel to Belgium