Bulgaria's Red Cross Received EUR 2-3 M for Refugees
Bulgarian Red Cross has received donations amounting to EUR 2-3 M since the beginning of the Syrian refugee flow in the country.
The donations came from various organizations and institutions from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the US, Bulgaria's Red Cross Director General Krasimir Gigov announced, BTV reports.
Currently, the food in the refugee camps is provided by the Red Cross organization. The food cost of one refugee is BGN 3-5 per day, and some BGN 20,000 weekly are spent for the 2500-3000 refugees in the camps.
Krasimir Gigov explained that next week the Ministry of Defense and the State Agency for Refugees will assume this function.
Meanwhile, the Bulgarian and the Netherlands Red Cross are repairing the refugee camp in the town of Harmanli. The buildings will be fitted up with bathrooms, laundries and laundry machines.
Gigov explained that expenditure is strictly controlled in order to meet refugees needs.
- » Bulgaria's Culture Ministry Announces Stance on Koprivshtitsa Issue
- » Temporary Organisation of Traffic Introduced in Sofia in Relation to Event held at Sofia City Art Gallery
- » Just 10% of Disabled in Bulgaria Employed
- » Orban Drives Out Central European University
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients