EU Considers Arms Embargo Against Ukraine
The EU has reportedly decided to impose a ban on arms imports against Ukraine.
The embargo is among the measures to be taken by Europe as a reaction to the bloodshed that has marred the streets of Kiev since Tuesday.
The draft resolution also includes sanctions against people that were responsible for the use of violence in the clashes between police and protesters in the Ukrainian capital, Russian website Lenta.ru has reported, citing European officials.
No sanctions have so far come into force as the European meeting on the crisis is beginning later on Thursday. European officials have also explained that the draft has not yet been completed.
- » EU-Turkey Readmission Agreement Enters Into Force
- » New NATO Secretary General Seeks Constructive Relations with Russia
- » 11 Killed, 40 Injured in Ukraine's Donetsk Shelling
- » Spain's Top Court Halts Catalan Independence Referendum
- » Turkish MPs to Decide on Green Light to Syria, Iraq Intervention
- » Caspian Sea Countries Adopt Cooperation Agreement