EU Considers Arms Embargo Against Ukraine
The EU has reportedly decided to impose a ban on arms imports against Ukraine.
The embargo is among the measures to be taken by Europe as a reaction to the bloodshed that has marred the streets of Kiev since Tuesday.
The draft resolution also includes sanctions against people that were responsible for the use of violence in the clashes between police and protesters in the Ukrainian capital, Russian website Lenta.ru has reported, citing European officials.
No sanctions have so far come into force as the European meeting on the crisis is beginning later on Thursday. European officials have also explained that the draft has not yet been completed.
- » Rising Tension Between US, North Korea over Controversial Movie, Cyber Attack
- » Tunisians Elect Their First Post-Arab Spring President
- » Klaus Iohannis: Romania Should Stun World with Transformation
- » Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine's Donbass
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan