Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture To Check Treasure Replica for Sale
Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture will look into the sale of a replica of the Thracian golden treasure from Panagyurishte on a US website.
According to the Ministry, the sale of replicas is not forbidden, but only if the copies of the artifacts are by at least 10% smaller than the original size and the producers have a signed contract with the museum, which owns the originals.
The price for the replicas of four out of the nine artifacts in the original treasure is USD 11 999. The website, which also sells replicas of other Thracian artifacts and Roman, Greek and Egyptian authentic objects, plus paintings and furniture, has a contact address in a residential area in Hollywood, Florida.
- » Bulgarian Museum Publishes Ancient Roman Recipes
- » Ancient Acropolis To Be Restored in Bulgaria's Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria’s Roman Baths to Be Restored – Varna Mayor Pledges
- » Supreme Court: Bulgaria's Priceless Gold Treasure Is State Property
- » Bulgarian City of Varna Exhibits 200-Year-Old Weapons
- » Prophetic Dream Leads to Discovery of Old Icon in Bulgaria