Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture To Check Treasure Replica for Sale
Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture will look into the sale of a replica of the Thracian golden treasure from Panagyurishte on a US website.
According to the Ministry, the sale of replicas is not forbidden, but only if the copies of the artifacts are by at least 10% smaller than the original size and the producers have a signed contract with the museum, which owns the originals.
The price for the replicas of four out of the nine artifacts in the original treasure is USD 11 999. The website, which also sells replicas of other Thracian artifacts and Roman, Greek and Egyptian authentic objects, plus paintings and furniture, has a contact address in a residential area in Hollywood, Florida.
- » Unique Golden Heart Discovered in Bulgaria's Veliki Preslav
- » Bulgaria’s Pavlikeni To Revitalise Antique Ceramics Centre
- » 2,600-Year Old Stone Head of Apollo Donated To Bulgarian Historical Museum
- » Bulgaria Allocates BGN 0.25 M to Building of First Capital's Basilica
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Der Standard: Antiquities Traders Have Little to Fear of Bulgarian Authorities