Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture To Check Treasure Replica for Sale
Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture will look into the sale of a replica of the Thracian golden treasure from Panagyurishte on a US website.
According to the Ministry, the sale of replicas is not forbidden, but only if the copies of the artifacts are by at least 10% smaller than the original size and the producers have a signed contract with the museum, which owns the originals.
The price for the replicas of four out of the nine artifacts in the original treasure is USD 11 999. The website, which also sells replicas of other Thracian artifacts and Roman, Greek and Egyptian authentic objects, plus paintings and furniture, has a contact address in a residential area in Hollywood, Florida.
- » Tool Workshop Dated 4800 BC Discovered in NE Bulgaria
- » Star of Ancient Sozopol 'Possibly Served as Model for Macedonia's Coat of Arms'
- » Archaelogists Discover Roman Kilns, Water Well in Bulgaria’s Pavlikeni
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists to Work on Uncovering Acropolis of Perperikon
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Roman Villa near Struma Motorway Route
- » Cabinet Allocates BGN 500 000 for Restoration of First Bulgarian Capital Pliska