Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture To Check Treasure Replica for Sale
Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture will look into the sale of a replica of the Thracian golden treasure from Panagyurishte on a US website.
According to the Ministry, the sale of replicas is not forbidden, but only if the copies of the artifacts are by at least 10% smaller than the original size and the producers have a signed contract with the museum, which owns the originals.
The price for the replicas of four out of the nine artifacts in the original treasure is USD 11 999. The website, which also sells replicas of other Thracian artifacts and Roman, Greek and Egyptian authentic objects, plus paintings and furniture, has a contact address in a residential area in Hollywood, Florida.
- » Plovdiv will have a New Archaeological Site
- » Bulgarian Borovsko Treasure Will Be Displayed in Norway
- » Valuable Archarological Finds Were Discovered Near Troyan
- » Roman Ruins Discovered Under Site Earmarked For French Housing Estate
- » 'Monumental' 16th Century City Walls Unearthed by Antwerp Tram Works in Belgium
- » Unknown Church Has Been Discovered by the Archeologists From the Regional Museum of History in Russe