Kubrat Pulev Became Bulgaria's 'Man of the Year'
Bulgaria's heavyweight boxing champion Kubrat Pulev became “Man of the Year” for 2013 in the Darik Radio annual poll.
The other two main contenders were the tennis player Grigor Dimitrov and Bulgaria's Patriarch Neophit.
At a ceremony in Sofia last night, Pulev was awarded the title “Knight of the Sword” and a replica of a parade cavalry officer's saber from the period of the Third Bulgarian Kingdom.
In an interview following the ceremony Pulev said he expects to have a match with current world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko by the end of this year.
“I think I have one, at most two matches before the one with Klitschko, if he agrees and does not give up”, Pulev said. “He has two options – either to defend his current world title or step down. There is no third option.”
- » New Royal Baby: Prince William, Kate Expecting Second Child
- » Bulgarian Christian Stoinev Reaches Semifinals of America's Got Talent
- » Scarlett Johansson Gave Birth To Baby Girl
- » Brangelina Got Married In France
- » BBC's 'Sherlock' Makes Off With 7 Emmys
- » Stylish Grigor Dimitrov Poses for American Vogue