Kubrat Pulev Became Bulgaria's 'Man of the Year'
Bulgaria's heavyweight boxing champion Kubrat Pulev became “Man of the Year” for 2013 in the Darik Radio annual poll.
The other two main contenders were the tennis player Grigor Dimitrov and Bulgaria's Patriarch Neophit.
At a ceremony in Sofia last night, Pulev was awarded the title “Knight of the Sword” and a replica of a parade cavalry officer's saber from the period of the Third Bulgarian Kingdom.
In an interview following the ceremony Pulev said he expects to have a match with current world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko by the end of this year.
“I think I have one, at most two matches before the one with Klitschko, if he agrees and does not give up”, Pulev said. “He has two options – either to defend his current world title or step down. There is no third option.”
- » Ron Howard to Direct Beatles Documentary
- » Novak Djokovic Marries His Girlfriend
- » Robert Downey Jr. And Wife Susan Expecting A Baby
- » Duke And Duchess of Cambridge Root for Murray Vs Dimitrov at Wimbledon
- » Beyonce Tops Forbes' 15th Annual Celebrity 100 List
- » Elizabeth II Visits Game of Thrones Set, Does Not Claim Iron Throne