Third Accomplice in Burgas Bus Bombing Established
Bulgaria's prosecutor's office established that there was a third person directly involved in the 2012 Burgas suicide bus bombing.
Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov said that for this reason the indictment will be delayed, but did not elaborate if the third alleged accomplice is a foreign national.
“This does not mean that the indictment will be postponed indefinitely, but we'll need a bit more time”, Tsatsarov said. “We will have a lot more evidence. Until now we knew of two bombers, now they're three.”
Last September the chief prosecutor said that the investigation was nearly complete and the indictment will be ready by this March.
The bus bombing on July 18 2012, at Burgas' Sarafovo airport parking lot killed seven people – five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver and the bomber himself and injured 35 people.
In July 2013 Bulgaria's Interior Ministry identified the two accomplices as Meliad FARAH (also known as Hussein HUSSEIN), born on November 5, 1980, Australian citizen, and Hassan El HAJJ HASSAN, born on March 22, 1988, Canadian citizen.
According to the investigation, the bombing was carried out by the Hezbollah terrorist organization.
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24
- » Bulgaria Detains Syrian, Afghan Citizens Citing Security Threat
Klinghoffer, you refer to the Hezbollah military wing that has been condemned by the US, UK and EU as terrorist organisation. However, this military wing is only a fraction of the organisation. Hezbollah is mainly an organisation that provides education, social security, medical care, childcare, elderly care, etc. in Gaza. Only Israel sees them as a terrorist organisation.
pls be correct.
btw, what would the worlds biggest prisoner camp (Gaza) since Auschwitz do without Hezbollah? Starve?
Apparently, the EU also considers Hezbollah a terrorist organisation. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/22/us-eu-hezbollah-idUSBRE96K0DA20130722