Armed Robbers Made Off With BGN 200 000
The armed robbers who attacked a bank branch in Bulgaria's capital Sofia made off with BGN 200 000, said the bank.
Two masked men, armed with a hammer and an assault rifle attacked the branch of First Investment Bank in Sofia's Hadzhi Dimitar district on Wednesday morning, several minutes before the opening time.
They broke the window of the bank with the hammer, hit the guard in the head with the rifle butt and stole the money.
The bank guard was treated in hospital and released for home treatment.
According to the bank, the money is insured, so the robbery will not affect the customers.
- » Police is Checking a Suspicious Luggage at Varna Airport
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town