Armed Robbers Made Off With BGN 200 000
The armed robbers who attacked a bank branch in Bulgaria's capital Sofia made off with BGN 200 000, said the bank.
Two masked men, armed with a hammer and an assault rifle attacked the branch of First Investment Bank in Sofia's Hadzhi Dimitar district on Wednesday morning, several minutes before the opening time.
They broke the window of the bank with the hammer, hit the guard in the head with the rifle butt and stole the money.
The bank guard was treated in hospital and released for home treatment.
According to the bank, the money is insured, so the robbery will not affect the customers.
- » NW Bulgarian Gangs 'Specialized in People Smuggling'
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Medical Military Academy Gets New Indictment
- » Bulgarian National Shortlisted in Europol Advent Calendar
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody