Armed Robbers Made Off With BGN 200 000
The armed robbers who attacked a bank branch in Bulgaria's capital Sofia made off with BGN 200 000, said the bank.
Two masked men, armed with a hammer and an assault rifle attacked the branch of First Investment Bank in Sofia's Hadzhi Dimitar district on Wednesday morning, several minutes before the opening time.
They broke the window of the bank with the hammer, hit the guard in the head with the rifle butt and stole the money.
The bank guard was treated in hospital and released for home treatment.
According to the bank, the money is insured, so the robbery will not affect the customers.
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud
- » Regional Environment Inspectorate Head Arrested for Soliciting Bribe
- » Chief of Police in Bulgaria's Smolyan Removed from Office