Armed Robbers Made Off With BGN 200 000
The armed robbers who attacked a bank branch in Bulgaria's capital Sofia made off with BGN 200 000, said the bank.
Two masked men, armed with a hammer and an assault rifle attacked the branch of First Investment Bank in Sofia's Hadzhi Dimitar district on Wednesday morning, several minutes before the opening time.
They broke the window of the bank with the hammer, hit the guard in the head with the rifle butt and stole the money.
The bank guard was treated in hospital and released for home treatment.
According to the bank, the money is insured, so the robbery will not affect the customers.
- » Bulgaria’s Transport Minister Orders Inquiry into Suspected Diesel Theft at State Railways
- » Bulgarian Authorities 'Arrested Varna-Based Criminal Gang'
- » Bulgarian, Pakistan Citizens Arrested for Helping Foreign Nationals Stay in Bulgaria Illegally
- » Bulgarian Court Rules to Extradite Paris Terror Suspect to France
- » Russian Mobster with Fake Bulgarian Passport Arrested in Vienna
- » 15 Bulgarian Border Policemen Suspected of Human Trafficking