Protest In Front of Ukrainian Embassy in Sofia To Be Held
A protest on Wednesday evening in front of the embassy of Ukraine in Sofia is being organized via the social networks.
The rally with the slogan: “Maidan, we are with you” is urging the Bulgarians to support “our brothers in their struggle against the bloody regime”.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's Protest Network urged Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev to boycott the closing gala of the Olympic Games in Sochi, in the light of the current events in Ukraine.
“In front of the entire world president Yanukovich drowned in blood the resistance of the Ukrainian people against the Russian neo-imperialism”, reads the statement on the Protest Network website. “The hopes of Ukraine for European future were shot. At the square. Because of the refusal of a proud nation to kneel before Putin. Mr. President, the response to the murdering of people can be only one. Unequivocal.”
- » Diplomats Say Russia Targets Bulgaria, 6 Other EU States in Drive to Kill Sanctions - Reuters
- » Over 250,000 Migrants Arrive in Europe by Sea in 2016 - IOM
- » Red Cross Warns of Worsening Humanitarian Situation in Iraq
- » Migrant Arrivals in Greece Increase after Failed Coup Attempt in Turkey
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks