Protest In Front of Ukrainian Embassy in Sofia To Be Held
A protest on Wednesday evening in front of the embassy of Ukraine in Sofia is being organized via the social networks.
The rally with the slogan: “Maidan, we are with you” is urging the Bulgarians to support “our brothers in their struggle against the bloody regime”.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's Protest Network urged Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev to boycott the closing gala of the Olympic Games in Sochi, in the light of the current events in Ukraine.
“In front of the entire world president Yanukovich drowned in blood the resistance of the Ukrainian people against the Russian neo-imperialism”, reads the statement on the Protest Network website. “The hopes of Ukraine for European future were shot. At the square. Because of the refusal of a proud nation to kneel before Putin. Mr. President, the response to the murdering of people can be only one. Unequivocal.”
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria
- » Northern Irish Deputy First Minister Calls for Poll on Unification with Ireland
- » IntMin: Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Has Decreased This Year
- » Scotland Plans Second Independence Referendum After UK Votes for Brexit
- » EU Must Focus on Pillars of Unity after UK’s Leave Vote, Thorbjorn Jagland Says