Bulgarian Foreign Ministry Issues Ukraine Travel Alert
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has issued a travel alert to its citizens in connection with the violent protests in Ukraine.
The ministry advises Bulgarians to refrain from traveling to Ukraine, unless it is absolutely urgent.
For those Bulgarians who are already in Ukraine, the ministry suggests that they stay away from the central parts of Kiev and avoid large gatherings of people, rallies and demonstrations. They are also advised to check the latest information on the city in which they reside or are staying temporarily.
The Bulgarian Embassy in Ukraine informs that as of 0:00 AM on Wednesday, the roads into and out of Kiev are blocked by Ministry of Interior forces. The situation in Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, and Ternopil also remains critical.
For contacts to the Bulgarian Embassy in Ukraine, please use the following:
Tel: +38044 246 72 37; +38044 246 76 72
Fax: +38044 235 51 19
- » Thunderstorms, Heavy Rains Hit Balkan States in Early September
- » 424 Refugee Children in Bulgaria Unable to Go to School
- » 2.8-Strong Earthquake Jolts Bulgaria's Pernik
- » Bison Dies in Sofia Zoo
- » Bulgaria’s Prison Officers Stage National Protest
- » Trained Taxi Drivers to Help Paramedics in Bulgaria’s Sofia