Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Depart for Rome
Bulgaria's football champions Ludogorets Razgrad left for Rome on Wednesday morning, where they will face Italian side Lazio in the Europa League 1/16 finals.
The team is traveling with a group of 21 players. Michel Platini and Georgi Terziev, who were injured for a long period, are back in the team and fit to play.
"We are not in the ideal form that I would like us to be, but the good thing is that all the players are healthy and I can rely on a large group", said Ludogorets coach Stoycho Stoev at the Sofia Airport.
Commenting on recent reports that Lazio may come out with a reserve team and a number of youngsters, Stoev answered that he does not think the Italians will underestimate their opponent.
"Since Edy Reja took over, Lazio have improved quite a bit. They have many quality players, and no matter what starting 11 they chose, this should not have an impact on their quality", added Stoev.
The first leg match between Lazio and Ludogorets is on Thursday at 22:05 Bulgarian time.
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings
- » Bulgaria’s Asenova Becomes European Boxing Champion