Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Depart for Rome
Bulgaria's football champions Ludogorets Razgrad left for Rome on Wednesday morning, where they will face Italian side Lazio in the Europa League 1/16 finals.
The team is traveling with a group of 21 players. Michel Platini and Georgi Terziev, who were injured for a long period, are back in the team and fit to play.
"We are not in the ideal form that I would like us to be, but the good thing is that all the players are healthy and I can rely on a large group", said Ludogorets coach Stoycho Stoev at the Sofia Airport.
Commenting on recent reports that Lazio may come out with a reserve team and a number of youngsters, Stoev answered that he does not think the Italians will underestimate their opponent.
"Since Edy Reja took over, Lazio have improved quite a bit. They have many quality players, and no matter what starting 11 they chose, this should not have an impact on their quality", added Stoev.
The first leg match between Lazio and Ludogorets is on Thursday at 22:05 Bulgarian time.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Among the Top 10 in the World Tennis
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama Finishes 2nd in the Final of Nagoya Sumo Tournamen
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round