Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Depart for Rome
Bulgaria's football champions Ludogorets Razgrad left for Rome on Wednesday morning, where they will face Italian side Lazio in the Europa League 1/16 finals.
The team is traveling with a group of 21 players. Michel Platini and Georgi Terziev, who were injured for a long period, are back in the team and fit to play.
"We are not in the ideal form that I would like us to be, but the good thing is that all the players are healthy and I can rely on a large group", said Ludogorets coach Stoycho Stoev at the Sofia Airport.
Commenting on recent reports that Lazio may come out with a reserve team and a number of youngsters, Stoev answered that he does not think the Italians will underestimate their opponent.
"Since Edy Reja took over, Lazio have improved quite a bit. They have many quality players, and no matter what starting 11 they chose, this should not have an impact on their quality", added Stoev.
The first leg match between Lazio and Ludogorets is on Thursday at 22:05 Bulgarian time.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Gasquet in 3rd Round of Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Australian Open's 3rd Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Makes It Past 1st Round at Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scoops Title at Brisbane International