Bulgarian Foreign Minister Calls for Political Dialogue in Ukraine
Bulgaria's Minister of Foreign Affairs Kristian Vigenin issued an official declaration on the latest escalation of violence in Ukraine.
The full text reads:
Bulgaria strongly condemns the acts of violence in Kiev, which have led to tens of innocent victims and lots of people injured. The new serious escalation of violence in Ukraine is moving the country away from a feasible political solution.
We are on the opinion that the President and the political leaders in Ukraine should approach the situation with the necessary political responsibility and to find through dialogue the way out of the severe crisis that is shaking the country. They should not allow the passing of a point where a return to the political process would be impossible.
We insist that all sides in the conflict act with respect for human rights, civil liberties and the will of the Ukrainian people, in order to provide the prerequisites for a permanent solution to the real problems in Ukrainian society.
We remind the position of the foreign ministers of the EU from February 10 this year that the solution should be sought through the creation of a new government, constitutional reforms that will restore the balance and separation of powers and the preparation of free and fair presidential elections.
We invite the Ukrainian authorities to make use of the aid already provided by the EU, the OSCE, the Council of Europe and other international organizations.
We are ready to urgently discuss the situation in Ukraine with our partners from the EU and thus to give assistance in finding a resolution to the crisis in the country.
- » Merkel in Sofia: I Welcome Borissov's Initiative for EC-Turkey Meeting
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » Stoltenberg on an Official Visit to Macedonia
- » Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Poland is an Important Country For the EU and a Longtime Ally and Friend of Bulgaria