Sofia Blocked By Protests On Wednesday
The center of Bulgaria's capital Sofia will be blocked by various protests and commemorative events on Tuesday.
The 141-th anniversary of the hanging of Bulgaria's most revered revolutionary, “The Apostle of Freedom” Vasil Levski, will be marked by members of the public, various nationalistic organizations and an official state ceremony at the monument in downtown Sofia in the evening.
There will also be a protest of Sofia University professors, the regular anti-government protest DANSwithme and a protest against the president.
The police has stepped up the security measures after last week's disturbances in Plovdiv.
According to the Interior Ministry, there is information that nationalist organizations and football hooligans will cause disturbances in Sofia on the day the country commemorates the execution of Levski.
All traffic, including the public transport in the area around Levski's monument, will be diverted starting at 15:00 o'clock on Wednesday.
- » Bulgaria's Culture Ministry Announces Stance on Koprivshtitsa Issue
- » Temporary Organisation of Traffic Introduced in Sofia in Relation to Event held at Sofia City Art Gallery
- » Just 10% of Disabled in Bulgaria Employed
- » Orban Drives Out Central European University
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients