Ukraine Police Storms The Maidan
Under the cover of water cannons, tear gas and shock grenades the Ukrainian police is storming the Independence square (Maidan) in Kiev.
The live coverage of local media shows fires, explosions and fireworks. The square is apparently full of thousands of people who are singing the national anthem.
According to reporters, the streets around the square are teeming with police, snipers and army.
Ukrainian MP Vitali Klitschko urged the people to stand their ground. “This is a small island of freedom”, he said.
During the day, at least nine people were reportedly killed, including two policemen. Most are allegedly killed by gunfire.
The Ukrainian media report that there are hundreds of wounded – mostly victims of tear gas and severe head injuries.
The deaths are the result of the renewed violent clashes that set thousands of police and protesters against each other at several locations near Ukraine's parliament building in Kiev, after several weeks of relative peace.
The opposition has demanded the return of the 2004 constitution, which curbs some of President Yanukovych's powers.
The changes would mean that parliament, rather than the president, would appoint the prime minister and most cabinet members, as well as regional governors.
The move could also lead to early presidential elections, which has been a key demand of the opposition.
Security forces had earlier given protesters a deadline of 18:00 local time to end the unrest.
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
- » Catalonia's Leaders Fight off Direct Rule From Madrid
- » China Says Needs to Create Jobs For 15 million People Every Year
- » U.S.-Backed Militias Seize Key Oil Field in East Syria
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
(1) "The Russians/Soviet Union are the best thing"--- this author knows a lot ;-).....
(2) "The rantings sound exactly the same: the USA is out to conquer not only the world - but the UNIVERSE" !!!---what a surprise! Earlier Big Chief of the West and of the Rest, BBB (Black Boy Barak), told: "Some may disagree, but I believe that America is exceptional" and "The United States must renew its leadership in the world". See? Not UNIVERSE, but the World only. So modest BBB, so modest "rantings", what a consolation for the "rest" of the World, right?
What dot? The rantings sound exactly the same: the USA is out to conquer not only the world - but the UNIVERSE. The Russians/Soviet Union are the best thing that every happened in history. Bulgarians are much better under USSR/RUSSIA. The EU is an evil Washington-controlled outpost. And the CIA has microchipped everyone and controls everyone with a remote control from Langley.....
Dot or no dot the same delusional individual(s) share(s) the exact same beliefs.
"....the CIA does not CONTROL MY THOUGHTS..." says Sa-sha. Indeed this is is true: insofar as he actually HAS any thoughts, they are controlled by Putin and his KGB friends; no doubt the Red Army will be dancing its way to Kiev soon on another leg of its World Liberation Tour....
My Dearest Novinite....Again...Alas!..."The Police has massacred the innocent protestors in Maidan".....NOVINITE "Protestor: someone who joins a movement for change" These MAGGOTS in Maidan are not Protestors but US/EU Sponsored Terrorists (les terroristes)......As Klitschko said: "we fight for our dignity and independence." INDEPENDENCE? From what my dearest Tysonite? ;-).......You are fighting to continue being microchipped by the CIA. .....Control ------------- the mind.......I have said....The Langley boys tried to microchip me too.....They implant impersonators in this forum......To discredit me (moi) and pretend I'm a weak man....an incoherent man.....a boozed up man.....and a homo man........Sure......WE all have weaknesses.....But the CIA does not CONTROL MY THOUGHTS my dearest Klitschko and Novinite.........That is INDEPENDENCE....