Bulgaria's Police Bust Local Human Trafficking Racket
A local human trafficking ring was broken up near the town of Malko Tarnovo close to the Turkish border, Bulgarian Interior Ministry informed.
Some 23 Syrian nationals, who have crossed the border near Malko Tarnovo, were detained. It was found that the Syrians had arranged to be taken inside Bulgaria by two cars and a minivan.
Four Bulgarians from Plovdiv who were supposed to carry out the arrangement were detained.
The Syrian nationals were taken to the border police station in Malko Tarnovo, their identities have been established. Quick pre-trial proceedings for illegal crossing of Bulgaria's border were started.
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna