Bulgaria's Police Bust Local Human Trafficking Racket
A local human trafficking ring was broken up near the town of Malko Tarnovo close to the Turkish border, Bulgarian Interior Ministry informed.
Some 23 Syrian nationals, who have crossed the border near Malko Tarnovo, were detained. It was found that the Syrians had arranged to be taken inside Bulgaria by two cars and a minivan.
Four Bulgarians from Plovdiv who were supposed to carry out the arrangement were detained.
The Syrian nationals were taken to the border police station in Malko Tarnovo, their identities have been established. Quick pre-trial proceedings for illegal crossing of Bulgaria's border were started.
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man