Bulgaria's Police Bust Local Human Trafficking Racket
A local human trafficking ring was broken up near the town of Malko Tarnovo close to the Turkish border, Bulgarian Interior Ministry informed.
Some 23 Syrian nationals, who have crossed the border near Malko Tarnovo, were detained. It was found that the Syrians had arranged to be taken inside Bulgaria by two cars and a minivan.
Four Bulgarians from Plovdiv who were supposed to carry out the arrangement were detained.
The Syrian nationals were taken to the border police station in Malko Tarnovo, their identities have been established. Quick pre-trial proceedings for illegal crossing of Bulgaria's border were started.
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora
- » General Accused of Malfeasance, Ordered Subordinates to Renovate Dwelling
- » Sofia Court Rules Bailout Punishment for Judge Rumyana Chenalova
- » Sofia Court Acquits Sole Defendant in 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Bulgaria to Set up Anti-Smugglling Coordination Center