Bulgaria's Police Bust Local Human Trafficking Racket
A local human trafficking ring was broken up near the town of Malko Tarnovo close to the Turkish border, Bulgarian Interior Ministry informed.
Some 23 Syrian nationals, who have crossed the border near Malko Tarnovo, were detained. It was found that the Syrians had arranged to be taken inside Bulgaria by two cars and a minivan.
Four Bulgarians from Plovdiv who were supposed to carry out the arrangement were detained.
The Syrian nationals were taken to the border police station in Malko Tarnovo, their identities have been established. Quick pre-trial proceedings for illegal crossing of Bulgaria's border were started.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'