Bulgaria's Police Bust Local Human Trafficking Racket
A local human trafficking ring was broken up near the town of Malko Tarnovo close to the Turkish border, Bulgarian Interior Ministry informed.
Some 23 Syrian nationals, who have crossed the border near Malko Tarnovo, were detained. It was found that the Syrians had arranged to be taken inside Bulgaria by two cars and a minivan.
Four Bulgarians from Plovdiv who were supposed to carry out the arrangement were detained.
The Syrian nationals were taken to the border police station in Malko Tarnovo, their identities have been established. Quick pre-trial proceedings for illegal crossing of Bulgaria's border were started.
- » BGN 8M Drained by Credit Card Skimmers in 2013
- » Court Halts 'Lost Files' Trial Against Bulgarian ex-Socialist Leader
- » US to Extradite to Bulgaria Convicted Human Smuggler
- » Four Bulgarians Busted in Greece for Fake Money Distribution
- » 44-Year-Old Bulgarian Faces 10 Years in Jail in Austria for Drug Trafficking
- » Police Bust 2 Meth Labs, Cannabis Greenhouse in Sofia