Bulgaria's Police Bust Local Human Trafficking Racket
A local human trafficking ring was broken up near the town of Malko Tarnovo close to the Turkish border, Bulgarian Interior Ministry informed.
Some 23 Syrian nationals, who have crossed the border near Malko Tarnovo, were detained. It was found that the Syrians had arranged to be taken inside Bulgaria by two cars and a minivan.
Four Bulgarians from Plovdiv who were supposed to carry out the arrangement were detained.
The Syrian nationals were taken to the border police station in Malko Tarnovo, their identities have been established. Quick pre-trial proceedings for illegal crossing of Bulgaria's border were started.
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24
- » Bulgaria Detains Syrian, Afghan Citizens Citing Security Threat