Poorest Bulgarians to Receive New EU Aid
Bulgaria will receive a total of EUR 120 M for the poorest among its population through a new European social fund that could be active in the upcoming months.
The aid by Brussels will also comprise of food, clothing, shoes, and diapers, Bulgaria's Deputy Social Minister Rositsa Yankova explained.
The grants, which are part of a new EU operational programme, will be an add-up to what has so far been distributed twice a year to the indigent people in Bulgaria through the country's Agricultural Fund and the Bulgarian Red Cross.
In 2013, some 332 000 people have received this aid, Bulgarian news site Expert.bg reports.
Yankova also underscored that the new operational programme will be managed by her institution, the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy.
Social kitchens are to receive some of the funds allocated through the programme.
The concept of Bulgaria on the use of these funds will be elaborated in the next 6 months. Yankova said her ministry will start working on it as soon as the European Commission announces the rules for the fund's activity.
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Doctors, Teachers Suffer Highest Levels of Work Related Stress
- » Japanese Drummers Yamato To Perform In Sofia Again
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Archaeologists Unearth Bronze Belt Of Bulgar Warrior
- » Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82
yes .you are the winner.the winner of stupid cup.such a fool.