Poorest Bulgarians to Receive New EU Aid
Bulgaria will receive a total of EUR 120 M for the poorest among its population through a new European social fund that could be active in the upcoming months.
The aid by Brussels will also comprise of food, clothing, shoes, and diapers, Bulgaria's Deputy Social Minister Rositsa Yankova explained.
The grants, which are part of a new EU operational programme, will be an add-up to what has so far been distributed twice a year to the indigent people in Bulgaria through the country's Agricultural Fund and the Bulgarian Red Cross.
In 2013, some 332 000 people have received this aid, Bulgarian news site Expert.bg reports.
Yankova also underscored that the new operational programme will be managed by her institution, the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy.
Social kitchens are to receive some of the funds allocated through the programme.
The concept of Bulgaria on the use of these funds will be elaborated in the next 6 months. Yankova said her ministry will start working on it as soon as the European Commission announces the rules for the fund's activity.
- » Nationalists Attack Ukrainian Anti-Night Wolves Demo in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
yes .you are the winner.the winner of stupid cup.such a fool.