Tina Maze Wins Women’s Giant Slalom, Bulgaria’s Kirkova 36th
Slovenian skier Tina Maze won the women's giant slalom at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, while Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova finished 36th.
Maze, who also won gold at the downhill competition, finished first with a total time of 2:36.87 from the two runs.
The silver medal went to Austria's Anna Fenninger (2:36.94) and the bronze to Germany's Viktoria Rebensburg (2:37.14)
Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova, who was the flag holder at the opening ceremony, finished 36th with 2:47.59. Her second run was over 0.6 seconds quicker than the first, which moved her one place higher in the final standings.
- » Bulgaria to Earmark Funding for ATP Tour Event, Ski Championships Next Year
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match Held in Sofia
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award