Tina Maze Wins Women’s Giant Slalom, Bulgaria’s Kirkova 36th
Slovenian skier Tina Maze won the women's giant slalom at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, while Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova finished 36th.
Maze, who also won gold at the downhill competition, finished first with a total time of 2:36.87 from the two runs.
The silver medal went to Austria's Anna Fenninger (2:36.94) and the bronze to Germany's Viktoria Rebensburg (2:37.14)
Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova, who was the flag holder at the opening ceremony, finished 36th with 2:47.59. Her second run was over 0.6 seconds quicker than the first, which moved her one place higher in the final standings.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Among the Top 10 in the World Tennis
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama Finishes 2nd in the Final of Nagoya Sumo Tournamen
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round