Tina Maze Wins Women’s Giant Slalom, Bulgaria’s Kirkova 36th
Slovenian skier Tina Maze won the women's giant slalom at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, while Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova finished 36th.
Maze, who also won gold at the downhill competition, finished first with a total time of 2:36.87 from the two runs.
The silver medal went to Austria's Anna Fenninger (2:36.94) and the bronze to Germany's Viktoria Rebensburg (2:37.14)
Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova, who was the flag holder at the opening ceremony, finished 36th with 2:47.59. Her second run was over 0.6 seconds quicker than the first, which moved her one place higher in the final standings.
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
- » Bulgarian Stoichkov Enters Daily Mail ‘Top 100 World Cup Heroes’
- » Bulgarian Balakov in Pole Position to Take Over Stuttgart