Mild Earthquake Registered in Southwest Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.7 on the Richter scale has been registered in southwest Bulgaria at midnight on Tuesday, the European Seismology Center reported.
The epicenter of the earthquake was 4 km northwest of the village of Garmen, 72 km southeast of the town of Blagoevgrad and 125 km south of the capital Sofia with a 10 km depth.
Bulgaria's Academy of Sciences (BAS) Geophysical institute has also reported the earthquake, however with a magnitude of 2.3 on the Richter scale.
No casualties or material damage have been reported.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » The Temperatures Go Up