Men’s Ice Hockey Playoffs Kick Off in Sochi
The playoffs of the men's ice hockey competition in the Sochi Winter Olympic Games are taking place on Tuesday, with Slovenia already booking a spot in the quarterfinals.
The Slovenes defeated Austria 4-0 in the first match of the day's program and qualified for the next round, where they will meet Sweden.
Tournament hosts Russia disappointed in the group stage, and a playoff is the last thing the home fans expected to witness. Nonetheless, they should have little problems against Norway, the tournament's worst team so far. The winner of this match plays Finland in the quarters.
The Czech Republic and Slovakia will fight for a ticket to play the United States, while Switzerland and Latvia will decide who plays Canada in the next round.
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko