Men’s Ice Hockey Playoffs Kick Off in Sochi
The playoffs of the men's ice hockey competition in the Sochi Winter Olympic Games are taking place on Tuesday, with Slovenia already booking a spot in the quarterfinals.
The Slovenes defeated Austria 4-0 in the first match of the day's program and qualified for the next round, where they will meet Sweden.
Tournament hosts Russia disappointed in the group stage, and a playoff is the last thing the home fans expected to witness. Nonetheless, they should have little problems against Norway, the tournament's worst team so far. The winner of this match plays Finland in the quarters.
The Czech Republic and Slovakia will fight for a ticket to play the United States, while Switzerland and Latvia will decide who plays Canada in the next round.
- » Klitschko Training 'Like a Beast' for Match with Bulgaria's Pulev
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Poland’s Janowicz in Cincinnati Open
- » Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
- » Tsonga Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov at Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Bulgaria Wins Silver at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals