Men’s Ice Hockey Playoffs Kick Off in Sochi
The playoffs of the men's ice hockey competition in the Sochi Winter Olympic Games are taking place on Tuesday, with Slovenia already booking a spot in the quarterfinals.
The Slovenes defeated Austria 4-0 in the first match of the day's program and qualified for the next round, where they will meet Sweden.
Tournament hosts Russia disappointed in the group stage, and a playoff is the last thing the home fans expected to witness. Nonetheless, they should have little problems against Norway, the tournament's worst team so far. The winner of this match plays Finland in the quarters.
The Czech Republic and Slovakia will fight for a ticket to play the United States, while Switzerland and Latvia will decide who plays Canada in the next round.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans