Men’s Ice Hockey Playoffs Kick Off in Sochi
The playoffs of the men's ice hockey competition in the Sochi Winter Olympic Games are taking place on Tuesday, with Slovenia already booking a spot in the quarterfinals.
The Slovenes defeated Austria 4-0 in the first match of the day's program and qualified for the next round, where they will meet Sweden.
Tournament hosts Russia disappointed in the group stage, and a playoff is the last thing the home fans expected to witness. Nonetheless, they should have little problems against Norway, the tournament's worst team so far. The winner of this match plays Finland in the quarters.
The Czech Republic and Slovakia will fight for a ticket to play the United States, while Switzerland and Latvia will decide who plays Canada in the next round.
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing