Bulgarian Wiretapping Agency Employee Arrested for Information Leaks
An employee of the State Agency for Wiretapping and Surveillance (DATO) was arrested for allegedly selling to third parties information on agency operations.
Antoaneta Parvanova was apprehended yesterday, after an investigation which took place in November and December 2013 established that for a monthly “subscription” of BGN 500 – 3000 she was providing information to “no ordinary people” on whether they are under surveillance.
According to Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov, Parvanova has caused significant damage to national security and will be charged with disclosure of state secrets.
Besides Parvanova, were arrested two “subscribers” and her brother in law, who was serving as an intermediary.
According to Sarafov, Parvanova has been an employee of DATO since 2010 and has hindered investigations and leaked information more than once.
- » Sofia Court Reduces Prison Sentence of Alleged Drug Gang Leader Zlatomir Ivanov
- » Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
- » TIR Truck Driver Sentenced to Life Imprisonment in Iran Returned to Bulgaria
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Majority Owner of Bulgaria's Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Police Busts Fake Passports Ring
- » Tax Agency Employee Murdered in Bulgaria's Capital