Bulgarian Wiretapping Agency Employee Arrested for Information Leaks
An employee of the State Agency for Wiretapping and Surveillance (DATO) was arrested for allegedly selling to third parties information on agency operations.
Antoaneta Parvanova was apprehended yesterday, after an investigation which took place in November and December 2013 established that for a monthly “subscription” of BGN 500 – 3000 she was providing information to “no ordinary people” on whether they are under surveillance.
According to Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov, Parvanova has caused significant damage to national security and will be charged with disclosure of state secrets.
Besides Parvanova, were arrested two “subscribers” and her brother in law, who was serving as an intermediary.
According to Sarafov, Parvanova has been an employee of DATO since 2010 and has hindered investigations and leaked information more than once.
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.7 kg Cocaine from Venezuelan Citizen
- » Suspect of Suitcase Murder in Bulgaria Remains in Custody
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Suspects KTB Conservators of Deliberate Mismanagement