Bulgarian Wiretapping Agency Employee Arrested for Information Leaks
An employee of the State Agency for Wiretapping and Surveillance (DATO) was arrested for allegedly selling to third parties information on agency operations.
Antoaneta Parvanova was apprehended yesterday, after an investigation which took place in November and December 2013 established that for a monthly “subscription” of BGN 500 – 3000 she was providing information to “no ordinary people” on whether they are under surveillance.
According to Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov, Parvanova has caused significant damage to national security and will be charged with disclosure of state secrets.
Besides Parvanova, were arrested two “subscribers” and her brother in law, who was serving as an intermediary.
According to Sarafov, Parvanova has been an employee of DATO since 2010 and has hindered investigations and leaked information more than once.
- » Dozens have Died in a Series of Attacks in Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian Used Fake Spotify Playlists to Make Money
- » 400 Kilos of Cocaine was Found at the Russian Embassy in Argentina
- » A Breakthrough in uTorrent Puts at Risk the Safety of Millions of Users
- » Cybercrime Hurting Businesses to Tune of $600 billion
- » A man was Found Murdered This Night in the Lyulin District