Bulgarian Wiretapping Agency Employee Arrested for Information Leaks
An employee of the State Agency for Wiretapping and Surveillance (DATO) was arrested for allegedly selling to third parties information on agency operations.
Antoaneta Parvanova was apprehended yesterday, after an investigation which took place in November and December 2013 established that for a monthly “subscription” of BGN 500 – 3000 she was providing information to “no ordinary people” on whether they are under surveillance.
According to Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov, Parvanova has caused significant damage to national security and will be charged with disclosure of state secrets.
Besides Parvanova, were arrested two “subscribers” and her brother in law, who was serving as an intermediary.
According to Sarafov, Parvanova has been an employee of DATO since 2010 and has hindered investigations and leaked information more than once.
- » 21 States Were Subjected to Russian Hacker Attacks During the US Elections
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes