Bulgarian Wiretapping Agency Employee Arrested for Information Leaks
An employee of the State Agency for Wiretapping and Surveillance (DATO) was arrested for allegedly selling to third parties information on agency operations.
Antoaneta Parvanova was apprehended yesterday, after an investigation which took place in November and December 2013 established that for a monthly “subscription” of BGN 500 – 3000 she was providing information to “no ordinary people” on whether they are under surveillance.
According to Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov, Parvanova has caused significant damage to national security and will be charged with disclosure of state secrets.
Besides Parvanova, were arrested two “subscribers” and her brother in law, who was serving as an intermediary.
According to Sarafov, Parvanova has been an employee of DATO since 2010 and has hindered investigations and leaked information more than once.
- » Greek Police Seized Fake EUR 50 Banknotes Possibly Printed in Bulgaria
- » Chief Secretary of Interior: 2 Tonnes of Drugs Seized since January
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring
- » Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece