Ukraine’s Yanukovych to Submit PM Nomination This Week
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych will most likely submit his proposal for a new Prime Minister later this week, according to the speaker of the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament).
This comes almost a month after PM Mykola Azarov resigned, following months of turbulent and often violent anti-government protests around the country.
According to Ukraine's constitution, the parliament will have to debate the proposed nomination within 5 days of its submission, Interfax agency reveals.
"Among the nominees proposed there were representatives of the opposition, of the Party of Regions and other parties", Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak said at a press briefing on Monday.
Despite the resignation of the cabinet, many protesters and opposition movements in Ukraine call for the President Yanukovych to step down, after refusing to sign an Association Agreement with the EU in November 2013.
- » Britain Extends Talks to End N. Ireland Stalemate
- » Voting Of Turks Abroad in Constitutional Referendum Begins
- » Turkish Media on Bulgaria's Snap Elections
- » Trump Hands Merkel USD 375 B Bill
- » Le Pen: EU Will Die, Globalists Will Be Defeated
- » Albania Makes Public State Security Files From Hoxha's Regime