Ukraine’s Yanukovych to Submit PM Nomination This Week
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych will most likely submit his proposal for a new Prime Minister later this week, according to the speaker of the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament).
This comes almost a month after PM Mykola Azarov resigned, following months of turbulent and often violent anti-government protests around the country.
According to Ukraine's constitution, the parliament will have to debate the proposed nomination within 5 days of its submission, Interfax agency reveals.
"Among the nominees proposed there were representatives of the opposition, of the Party of Regions and other parties", Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak said at a press briefing on Monday.
Despite the resignation of the cabinet, many protesters and opposition movements in Ukraine call for the President Yanukovych to step down, after refusing to sign an Association Agreement with the EU in November 2013.
- » Israeli Jets Bombed Site Close to Damascus Airport
- » Spain Police Detain Man Accused of Link to Barcelona Attacks
- » Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting North Korea's Trading Partners
- » North Korea may Consider H-bomb Test in Pacific
- » Nearly 2,800 Migrants have Arrived in Greece so Far this Month
- » Kosovo Gives Up Bid to join Interpol