Ukraine’s Yanukovych to Submit PM Nomination This Week
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych will most likely submit his proposal for a new Prime Minister later this week, according to the speaker of the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament).
This comes almost a month after PM Mykola Azarov resigned, following months of turbulent and often violent anti-government protests around the country.
According to Ukraine's constitution, the parliament will have to debate the proposed nomination within 5 days of its submission, Interfax agency reveals.
"Among the nominees proposed there were representatives of the opposition, of the Party of Regions and other parties", Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Rybak said at a press briefing on Monday.
Despite the resignation of the cabinet, many protesters and opposition movements in Ukraine call for the President Yanukovych to step down, after refusing to sign an Association Agreement with the EU in November 2013.
- » Fifteen Children and Two Women were Killed in an Air Strike in Eastern Ghouta
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, She was to Blame for the Crash (Updated)
- » Revolution: Women in Saudi Arabia will Choose how to Dress Themselves
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Nicolas Sarkozy is Taken for Questioning in Relation to Investigation into the Funding of his Election Campaign