A Griffon Vulture Pair Observed in Bulgarian Nature Park
For the first time in 70 years environmentalists observed a mating pair of griffon vultures at the territory of Bulgaria's Vrachanski Balkan nature park.
In spite the fact that the park offers good conditions for the griffon vultures, only single birds have been observed occasionally.
Those birds are listed as endangered species in Bulgaria and were considered fully extinct until the end of the 1970's when several pairs were found in the Eastern Rhodope Mountains.
Thanks to the vulture reintroduction European program LIFE08 NAT/BG/278 in the past three years in Bulgaria were imported and released nearly 200 griffon vultures and several pairs of Egyptian vultures.
- » Today it Will be Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures 20°-25°
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued Over Heavy Rain in 18 Bulgarian Districts
- » Yellow Code For Intensive Rains and Thunders For 7 Regions
- » Yellow Code Announced for 7 Districts in Bulgaria Over Intense Rain
- » Many Clouds, Short Rains in Many Places in the Afternoon, with Thunders
- » Intensive Rains in Some Areas, Hailstorms Possible