Bulgaria's Academy of Sciences Celebrates 145th Anniversary
Bulgaria's government has prepared a decree for the allocation of BGN 200 thousand for the celebration of the 145th anniversary of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The document has been put on for public discussion, Bulgarian Dnevnik informed.
The funding will be provided as an additional transfer through the Ministry of Education and Science budget.
The proposition is for BGN 51 thousand to be allocated for a national round table conference, exhibitions, book presentations, Open Days and other initiatives. Some BGN 47 thousand will go for the preparation and publication of books.
A total of BGN 30 thousand will be given for the organization of outstanding scientific achievements competition. Another BGN 35 thousand will be allocated for the preparation of materials, badges, certificates, posters.
Some BGN 37 thousand will be granted for the organization of official meetings, surveys, and for hiring outside contractors.
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) is the successor of the Bulgarian Literary Society, founded in 1869. The Academy leadership has decided to properly celebrate the anniversary by organizing a year-round campaign to promote BAS history and activities.
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Malta Wins 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest Hosted by Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Hosts Final of 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday
- » Postponed Junior Eurovision Opening Ceremony Due on November 17