CPC: Sofia Heating Utility Is Abusing Its Dominant Position
The Sofia heating company Toplofikatsiya Sofia is abusing its dominant market position, ruled Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC).
The investigation was launched after a referral from the Supreme Administrative Prosecution for possible violation of the anti-monopoly law by the heating utility and the heat cost allocation companies.
According to CPC the abuse of dominant position may limit or violate the competition at the heat cost allocation market and affect the consumers.
The Commission's analysis shows that Toplofikatsiya Sofia, as the sole provider of central heating in Sofia, is setting a fixed price for all heat cost allocation companies thus eliminating price competition among them. This, according to the CPC, is also damaging the consumers.
Toplofikatsiya Sofia can contest the CPC decision within 30 days.
- » Bulgaria, Russia Discuss Future of Equipment Built for Scrapped Belene NPP Project
- » EC Closes 2012 Power Exports Case against Bulgaria
- » Russian Experts Skeptical on Bulgaria's Plans to Sell Reactor to Iran
- » Energy Min: No Power Price Hike after Nuclear Plant Ruling against Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Pay EUR 0.55 B to Russian Co over Abandoned Nuclear Project
- » Nuclear Power Is of Strategic Importance to Bulgaria - Energy Minister