Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Drops in World Ranking, Pironkova Climbs
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov has dropped one place in the weekly ATP world tennis rankings, and is now 20th.
The 22-year-old from Haskovo lost in the 2nd round of last week's ABN AMRO tournament in Rotterdam. As a result, he was not able to defend his points from last year's edition, where he reached the semifinals.
The top 3 remain unchanged, with Rafael Nadal in 1st place, followed by Novak Djokovic, and the Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka.
Dimitrov's next tournament will be Acapulco, Mexico, starting on the 24th of February. He will be seeded number 6 there.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's top female player Tsvetana Pironkova climbed 4 places in the WTA ranking and is now at number 48. Her strong performances since the start of the year have seen her jump over 50 positions in the rankings.
Serena Williams keeps her top position in the WTA ranking.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells