Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Drops in World Ranking, Pironkova Climbs
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov has dropped one place in the weekly ATP world tennis rankings, and is now 20th.
The 22-year-old from Haskovo lost in the 2nd round of last week's ABN AMRO tournament in Rotterdam. As a result, he was not able to defend his points from last year's edition, where he reached the semifinals.
The top 3 remain unchanged, with Rafael Nadal in 1st place, followed by Novak Djokovic, and the Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka.
Dimitrov's next tournament will be Acapulco, Mexico, starting on the 24th of February. He will be seeded number 6 there.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's top female player Tsvetana Pironkova climbed 4 places in the WTA ranking and is now at number 48. Her strong performances since the start of the year have seen her jump over 50 positions in the rankings.
Serena Williams keeps her top position in the WTA ranking.
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams