Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Drops in World Ranking, Pironkova Climbs
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov has dropped one place in the weekly ATP world tennis rankings, and is now 20th.
The 22-year-old from Haskovo lost in the 2nd round of last week's ABN AMRO tournament in Rotterdam. As a result, he was not able to defend his points from last year's edition, where he reached the semifinals.
The top 3 remain unchanged, with Rafael Nadal in 1st place, followed by Novak Djokovic, and the Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka.
Dimitrov's next tournament will be Acapulco, Mexico, starting on the 24th of February. He will be seeded number 6 there.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's top female player Tsvetana Pironkova climbed 4 places in the WTA ranking and is now at number 48. Her strong performances since the start of the year have seen her jump over 50 positions in the rankings.
Serena Williams keeps her top position in the WTA ranking.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles