Heavy Snow Halts Automakers in Japan
Japanese automakers suspended output in some factories after the second major snowstorm this month disrupted shipments of parts from suppliers.
Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Co. and Suzuki Motor Corp. have announced halting production Monday.
Toyota suspended production in its Takaoka plant, Motomachi, Tahari and the Tsutsumi factory. All plants except Tsutsumi will resume production Tuesday.
Honda suspended production at its Yorii factory in Saitama prefecture near capital city Tokio because of snow, after halting output at affected sites on 14-15 February.
Suzuki stopped output at three factories in Shizuoka.
Unprecedented snowfalls caused serious disturbances in plane and train services in Japan since Friday. A number of incidents and nine casualties have been registered so far.
- » Russia's Putin Vows Justice after Boris Nemtsov Killing
- » Russia Opposition Allowed to Hold Mourning March after Nemtsov Death
- » Nemtsov Murder: Investigators Suggest Leader Might be 'Sacrifical Victim'
- » Moscow Prohibits Nemtsov Tribute Rally
- » Russian Investigators: Nemtsov Killing Linked to Charlie Hebdo Comments
- » Russia Opposition to Move Rally to Moscow Center after Nemtsov Murder