Heavy Snow Halts Automakers in Japan
Japanese automakers suspended output in some factories after the second major snowstorm this month disrupted shipments of parts from suppliers.
Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Co. and Suzuki Motor Corp. have announced halting production Monday.
Toyota suspended production in its Takaoka plant, Motomachi, Tahari and the Tsutsumi factory. All plants except Tsutsumi will resume production Tuesday.
Honda suspended production at its Yorii factory in Saitama prefecture near capital city Tokio because of snow, after halting output at affected sites on 14-15 February.
Suzuki stopped output at three factories in Shizuoka.
Unprecedented snowfalls caused serious disturbances in plane and train services in Japan since Friday. A number of incidents and nine casualties have been registered so far.
- » USA Extends List of Sanctioned Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Entities
- » Russia, Turkey Reportedly Suspend Negotiations on Construction of Turkish Stream
- » EU to Extend Support to Farmers over Russia Food Ban by One Year
- » Blast in Skopje Damages Three Cars, No Injuries
- » Turkish Soldiers Killed in PKK Attack, Army Says
- » Investigation to Confirm Whether Debris Found in Indian Ocean Part of Missing MH370