Heavy Snow Halts Automakers in Japan
Japanese automakers suspended output in some factories after the second major snowstorm this month disrupted shipments of parts from suppliers.
Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Co. and Suzuki Motor Corp. have announced halting production Monday.
Toyota suspended production in its Takaoka plant, Motomachi, Tahari and the Tsutsumi factory. All plants except Tsutsumi will resume production Tuesday.
Honda suspended production at its Yorii factory in Saitama prefecture near capital city Tokio because of snow, after halting output at affected sites on 14-15 February.
Suzuki stopped output at three factories in Shizuoka.
Unprecedented snowfalls caused serious disturbances in plane and train services in Japan since Friday. A number of incidents and nine casualties have been registered so far.
- » Crimea to Complete Ruble-Switch in Coming Weeks
- » Ukrainian Govt Prepares Amnesty Bill
- » Sunken South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 28
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens