Heavy Snow Halts Automakers in Japan
Japanese automakers suspended output in some factories after the second major snowstorm this month disrupted shipments of parts from suppliers.
Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Co. and Suzuki Motor Corp. have announced halting production Monday.
Toyota suspended production in its Takaoka plant, Motomachi, Tahari and the Tsutsumi factory. All plants except Tsutsumi will resume production Tuesday.
Honda suspended production at its Yorii factory in Saitama prefecture near capital city Tokio because of snow, after halting output at affected sites on 14-15 February.
Suzuki stopped output at three factories in Shizuoka.
Unprecedented snowfalls caused serious disturbances in plane and train services in Japan since Friday. A number of incidents and nine casualties have been registered so far.
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour