Heavy Snow Halts Automakers in Japan
Japanese automakers suspended output in some factories after the second major snowstorm this month disrupted shipments of parts from suppliers.
Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Co. and Suzuki Motor Corp. have announced halting production Monday.
Toyota suspended production in its Takaoka plant, Motomachi, Tahari and the Tsutsumi factory. All plants except Tsutsumi will resume production Tuesday.
Honda suspended production at its Yorii factory in Saitama prefecture near capital city Tokio because of snow, after halting output at affected sites on 14-15 February.
Suzuki stopped output at three factories in Shizuoka.
Unprecedented snowfalls caused serious disturbances in plane and train services in Japan since Friday. A number of incidents and nine casualties have been registered so far.
- » Turkey’s Ruling Party Names Foreign Minister Davutoglu as New PM
- » Ukrainian President Likely to Dissolve Parliament Next Week
- » US Admits Secret Mission Failed to Free James Foley
- » Turkey's Ruling Party to Name New PM
- » Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
- » Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper