Heavy Snow Halts Automakers in Japan
Japanese automakers suspended output in some factories after the second major snowstorm this month disrupted shipments of parts from suppliers.
Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Co. and Suzuki Motor Corp. have announced halting production Monday.
Toyota suspended production in its Takaoka plant, Motomachi, Tahari and the Tsutsumi factory. All plants except Tsutsumi will resume production Tuesday.
Honda suspended production at its Yorii factory in Saitama prefecture near capital city Tokio because of snow, after halting output at affected sites on 14-15 February.
Suzuki stopped output at three factories in Shizuoka.
Unprecedented snowfalls caused serious disturbances in plane and train services in Japan since Friday. A number of incidents and nine casualties have been registered so far.
- » Turkey's Erdogan Wondering about Russian Action in Syria
- » Eastern Ukraine to Postpone Local Elections for Next Year
- » Migrants 'Part of Bargaining, Hybrid War'- EU's Tusk
- » Angela Merkel’s Popularity Drops amidst Migrant Influx to Germany
- » Close to 400,000 Migrants Have Entered Greece by Sea since Start-2015 - UNHCR
- » Russia, U.S. Military Discuss Safety of Air Crews Operating in Syria