Heavy Snow Halts Automakers in Japan
Japanese automakers suspended output in some factories after the second major snowstorm this month disrupted shipments of parts from suppliers.
Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Co. and Suzuki Motor Corp. have announced halting production Monday.
Toyota suspended production in its Takaoka plant, Motomachi, Tahari and the Tsutsumi factory. All plants except Tsutsumi will resume production Tuesday.
Honda suspended production at its Yorii factory in Saitama prefecture near capital city Tokio because of snow, after halting output at affected sites on 14-15 February.
Suzuki stopped output at three factories in Shizuoka.
Unprecedented snowfalls caused serious disturbances in plane and train services in Japan since Friday. A number of incidents and nine casualties have been registered so far.
- » 40 People Taken To Hospital After Bucharest Night Club Fire
- » New Shooting in Turkey's Istanbul
- » 16 Hungarian Pupils Die in Bus Crash Near Verona
- » Donald Trump Signs Decree Against Obamacare
- » Turkey's Parliament Approves Constitutional Reform
- » Reuters: Turkey Moving Ever Closer To Becoming Authoritarian State