EC Cancels Student Exchange and Scientific Programs with Switzerland
The European Commission has canceled the negotiations with Switzerland on the Erasmus student exchange program and scientific research funding.
A spokesperson for the EC said that the decision was made directly after Switzerland decided not to include Croatia in its agreement with the EU covering the free movement of people.
The agreement to add Croatia to the existing list of countries was still being negotiated when the Swiss voted one week ago to put a ceiling on immigration, signalling the end to the free movement accord with the EU.
Last week the EU put on hold the negotiations for cross border electricity trade.
- » Japanese PM Dissolves Parliament Ahead of Early Elections
- » Ukraine's Pro-Western Parties Sign Coalition Agreement
- » Putin Says Russia Should Prevent 'Colour Revolutions'
- » Germans Divided over Sanctions on Russia - ARD Survey
- » Shooter Wounds Three at Florida State University
- » Serbia Strikes USD 1.2 B Loan Deal With IMF