EC Cancels Student Exchange and Scientific Programs with Switzerland
The European Commission has canceled the negotiations with Switzerland on the Erasmus student exchange program and scientific research funding.
A spokesperson for the EC said that the decision was made directly after Switzerland decided not to include Croatia in its agreement with the EU covering the free movement of people.
The agreement to add Croatia to the existing list of countries was still being negotiated when the Swiss voted one week ago to put a ceiling on immigration, signalling the end to the free movement accord with the EU.
Last week the EU put on hold the negotiations for cross border electricity trade.
- » Poroshenko-Putin Talks Fail to Yield Ceasefire Deal for East Ukraine
- » Hamas Says Long-Term Cease-Fire Agreed with Israel
- » Ukraine President Calls Early Election for October 26
- » French PM Presents Government's Resignation
- » US Journalist Held Hostage in Syria Freed from Captivity
- » Strong Earthquake Jolts Northern California, over 120 Injured