EC Cancels Student Exchange and Scientific Programs with Switzerland
The European Commission has canceled the negotiations with Switzerland on the Erasmus student exchange program and scientific research funding.
A spokesperson for the EC said that the decision was made directly after Switzerland decided not to include Croatia in its agreement with the EU covering the free movement of people.
The agreement to add Croatia to the existing list of countries was still being negotiated when the Swiss voted one week ago to put a ceiling on immigration, signalling the end to the free movement accord with the EU.
Last week the EU put on hold the negotiations for cross border electricity trade.
- » EU's Juncker Says Dec. 4 Meeting with May will Show if Brexit Progress Made
- » Russia will Reduce its Military Presence in Syria by the End of the Year
- » In 2018 SpaceX Plans to Make 50% more Rocket Testing
- » 40% of Families in Russia with a Shortage of Money for Food and Clothing
- » Japanese City of Osaka puts an End to Friendship Agreement with San Francisco (Video)
- » Terrorists Threaten the Vatican